New usb driver USBDriverInstallerV3650.exe

Hello all,

I have been trying to use the USB driver “USBDriverInstallerV3650.exe” on a system witch does not have any development IDE’s etc on and every time I try to install this driver I received the attached windows error. This is needed in order to use our Q2682 device on any computer with this driver installed.

Please can anyone help

Regards

Barry

Ok, I have now managed to install the driver. However, is it not possible to have a driver which does not require you to install Java before hand? It seems to me that the installer is far to comprehensive in order to just install a USB driver. The old installer (prior to Serria Wirless) did not require as much support.

Regards

Barry

Further investigation finds…

That the USB driver includes a setup for “M2MStudioSetup.exe”, surly this is not needed if one just requires a simple USB driver!!!

Regards

Barry

While I wouldn’t want to dismiss a USB driver as “simple”, I certainly agree that this sounds excessive!

Is it even necessary to provide an installer at all - didn’t Wavecom just used to provide a .inf file?

Hi awneil,

Thanks very much for your response but does anyone know if Sierra Wireless are producing or have produced a a driver that is simpler to install and requires no prerequisites?

Regards

Barry