MultiApp: start an application from my own code

I use MultiApp for my project. Now I like to start or stop an application from inside an other application. I know there isn’t an API for this, so I use at-command for this:
adl_atCmdCreate ( “at+startapp=1”, FALSE, ( adl_atRspHandler_t ) NULL, NULL );
but this doesn’t work.
Has anybody an idea how I can do this?

Fix it so that is does work! :unamused:

If you want help with that, you are going to have to give a lot more detail about what you’ve tried, and in what way exactly it “doesn’t work”

See: catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

ok, again:
I’ve some applications that use MultiApp-Library on OpenAT v4.21. With a terminal on UART1 I can start an application with “at+test=1” (that’s a MultiApp-Feature). This works.
Now I like to start one application from inside another running application. MultiApp don’t have any API-function for this. So I tried to start the application with:
s8 res = adl_atCmdCreate ( “at+test=1\r”,
FALSE,
atResp,
“*”,
NULL);
‘res’ is 0 (OK) after this call, but the callback-function ‘atResp’ receives an error-message. I think this is because the at-command sent with adl_atCmdCreate is not filtered by an adl_atCmdSubscribe mechanism (Note 2 from adl_atCmdCreate description in the ADL User Guide).
So I search an other way to start (and stop) an application.
Is there a way to send an at-command that is filtered? Or is there a better way to control multiple applications than MultiApp? …

Why do you say you just “think” this?
This is precisely what the User Guide says - you cannot do it!

It is behaving precisely as documented!

You will have to call the start & stop functions directly - not via AT command.

No - that is exactly what Note 2 from adl_atCmdCreate description in the ADL User Guide is telling you!

Ok, this will work. But if I start an application this way, it is not registered as running in MultiApp. So I can’t see if an application is running or not (and can’t stop it with at-commands).
I think there are two solutions:

• call the start & stop functions directly (and don’t use MultiApp, because it don’t work proper then)
  • extend the MultiApp-Library myself. Is this allowed by copyright? I couldn’t find a clear information.

thanks for your answers

The copyright notice is at the top of every source file:

/********************************************************************************************/
/*  multi_app.c   -  Copyright Wavecom S.A. (c) 2003                                        */
/*                                                                                          */
/*                                                                                          */
/* DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY                                                                   */
/* ======================                                                                   */
/* This Software is provided free of charge on an 'as is' basis. No warranty is given       */
/* by Wavecom S.A. in relation to the Software of the uses to which it may be put by you,   */
/* the user, or its merchantability, fitness or suitability for any particular purpose      */
/* or conditions; and/or that the use of the Software and all documentation relating        */
/* thereto by the Licensee will not infringe any third party copyright or other             */
/* intellectual property rights. Wavecom S.A. shall furthermore be under no obligation      */
/* to provide support of any nature for the Software and the Documentation.                 */
/* LIMIT OF LIABILITY                                                                       */
/* ==================                                                                       */
/* In no event shall Wavecom S.A. be liable for any loss or damages whatsoever or howsoever */
/* caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with this licence, the Software,     */
/* its use or otherwise except to the extent that such liability may not be lawfully        */
/* excluded. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, Wavecom S.A. expressly        */
/* excludes liability for indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage     */
/* which may arise in respect of the Software or its use, or in respect of other equipment  */
/* or property, or for loss of profit, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings.  */
/********************************************************************************************/

Sorry, I’ve seen this copyright notice, but I don’t understand it 100%.
But I’ve a third solution:
I can call the ma_StopApplication / ma_StartApplication of MultiApp directly. (Did you mean this? Then I’m sorry.) Then I’ve only to extend the headerfile (or write my own) with the declarations of this functions.

Thanks

Hmm, third solution is no solution. ma_StopApplication and ma_StartApplication are static and so not callable. :confused:

You have the source code - you can make them callable!

Yes, I know. But then it’s equal to solution two. I just posted this for completness.
Thanks and goodbye