MC8090 - Disconnecting after 977KB transfered

Hello,

we’ve got a system setup with an MC8090 and we’ve been seeing what appear to be random disconnects from the 3G interface, I was able to get some info from the wireless provider and I can see the disconnects always occur after 977kb of data has been transfered on the interface. The cards are on a 1GB plan and we are only at about 328MB this month, is there a configuration option in the Sierra for setting a soft limit on data transfers? Our application doesn’t tolerate being disconnected in this fashion very well, we’d really like the interface to stay up and be up for as long as there is data available on the plan.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

I don’t think MC8090 comes with this “feature”.
What’s the host OS/driver used?
When issue happens, does it maintain the network registration? What is the response for

• AT!GSTATUS?
  • AT+CEER
  • AT+CREG?
  • AT+CGACT?
  • AT+CGPADDR

Does same issue happens on different network SIM?
Can you verify it test it with desktop PC + same MC8090?

Thanks for the quick reply, sorry I’ve been out of the office all day and I’m just getting a chance to run this now.

Here’s the data you requested.

{ "response": "success", "code": 0, "msg": "+CGACT: 1,1\nOK" }
{ "response": "success", "code": 0, "msg": "+CEER: Regular deactivation\nOK" }
{ "response": "success", "code": 0, "msg": "+CREG: 0,1\nOK" }
{ "response": "success", "code": 0, "msg": "+CGPADDR: 1,\"xx.xx.0.52\"\nOK" }
{ "response": "success", "code": 0, "msg": "!GSTATUS: \nCurrent Time:  2357\t\tTemperature: 42\nBootup Time:   1704\t\tMode:        ONLINE         \nSystem mode:   WCDMA      \tPS state:    Attached     \nWCDMA band:    WCDMA2100  \tGSM band:    PCS1900    \nWCDMA channel: 587\t\tGSM channel: 698\nGMM (PS) state:REGISTERED     \tNORMAL SERVICE \nMM (CS) state: IDLE           \tNORMAL SERVICE \nWCDMA L1 State:L1M_SUSPENDED  \tRRC State:   DISCONNECTED   \nRX level (dBm):-87 (Not updated) \n\nOK" }

{ "response": "success", "code": 0, "msg": "!GSTATUS: \nCurrent Time:  2414\t\tTemperature: 44\nBootup Time:   1704\t\tMode:        ONLINE         \nSystem mode:   WCDMA      \tPS state:    Attached     \nWCDMA band:    WCDMA1900  \tGSM band:    PCS1900    \nWCDMA channel: 587\t\tGSM channel: 793\nGMM (PS) state:REGISTERED     \tNORMAL SERVICE \nMM (CS) state: IDLE           \tNORMAL SERVICE \nWCDMA L1 State:L1M_DCH        \tRRC State:   CELL_DCH       \nRX level (dBm):-85\n\nOK" }

{ "response": "success", "code": 0, "msg": "!GSTATUS: \nCurrent Time:  2416\t\tTemperature: 44\nBootup Time:   1704\t\tMode:        ONLINE         \nSystem mode:   WCDMA      \tPS state:    Attached     \nWCDMA band:    WCDMA1900  \tGSM band:    PCS1900    \nWCDMA channel: 587\t\tGSM channel: 793\nGMM (PS) state:REGISTERED     \tNORMAL SERVICE \nMM (CS) state: IDLE           \tNORMAL SERVICE \nWCDMA L1 State:L1M_BCH        \tRRC State:   DISCONNECTED   \nRX level (dBm):-86\n\nOK" }

I sanitised the IP address from CGPADDR, but it’s a valid IP from our network provider. We haven’t had a chance to try it with a different providers SIM, but it happens with all the SIMS from our current provider.

I unfortunately do not have a desktop system with that card.

Thanks.

Just to follow up we diagnosed the issue, turns out the Cell provider is kicking our connection for leaking some context when we switch between two interfaces, we’ve got some packets with the wrong src ip heading out over the 3g interface and the provider is disconnecting our session as a result.

Thanks for the help, the CEER command wasn’t one I’d seen before and gave us some insight into what was going on.