how to add the driver to legato platform

Hi all
I have build the WiFi driver as a module. and update the .ko files to the RA755x development kit . but the error show as " depmod : not found" when i run the "depmod- a " command. I’m not sure that wifi driver can be loaded to the kernel in this way ?

[code]INSTALL /home/jim/legato/wifi/NF3204A_MODULE_AP_PACKAGE/MODULE/backports-3.13.2-1/compat/compat.ko
INSTALL /home/jim/legato/wifi/NF3204A_MODULE_AP_PACKAGE/MODULE/backports-3.13.2-1/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl/ath6kl_core.ko
INSTALL /home/jim/legato/wifi/NF3204A_MODULE_AP_PACKAGE/MODULE/backports-3.13.2-1/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl/ath6kl_sdio.ko
INSTALL /home/jim/legato/wifi/NF3204A_MODULE_AP_PACKAGE/MODULE/backports-3.13.2-1/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl/ath6kl_usb.ko
INSTALL /home/jim/legato/wifi/NF3204A_MODULE_AP_PACKAGE/MODULE/backports-3.13.2-1/net/wireless/cfg80211.ko
DEPMOD 3.4.91-yocto-standard
depmod: WARNING: could not open /home/jim/legato/wifi/NF3204A_MODULE_AP_PACKAGE/rootfs/lib/modules/3.4.91-yocto-standard/modules.order: No such file or directory
depmod: WARNING: /home/jim/legato/wifi/NF3204A_MODULE_AP_PACKAGE/rootfs/lib/modules/3.4.91-yocto-standard/updates/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl/ath6kl_usb.ko needs unknown symbol __const_udelay
depmod: WARNING: /home/jim/legato/wifi/NF3204A_MODULE_AP_PACKAGE/rootfs/lib/modules/3.4.91-yocto-standard/updates/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl/ath6kl_core.ko needs unknown symbol __const_udelay
depmod: WARNING: could not open /home/jim/legato/wifi/NF3204A_MODULE_AP_PACKAGE/rootfs/lib/modules/3.4.91-yocto-standard/modules.builtin: No such file or directory
depmod will prefer updates/ over kernel/ – OK!

[/code]

BR.

Hi,

You need to use Yocto tools in order to customize the kernel/rootfs.

The best way is to create your own meta layer with your custom recipes.

What is the WiFi chipset you are trying to integrate?

Regards,

Jay

Hi: Jay

the wifi module is ar6003.
I’m not so familiar with the yocto project. would you please describe briefly about how to do with it .

Thanks
Jim

Hi,

Unfortunately, I cannot describe briefly how to use Yocto :wink:

As a starting point, you can have a look to this page:
legato.io/legato-docs/15_01/ … linux.html

But for most of the Yocto stuff, you will have to learn directly from here:
yoctoproject.org/documentat … d_depth=89

In order to add support for a WiFi device, you will have to:

• tune the kernel recipe in order to do kernel configuration (CONFIG_xxx for 80211 and ATH6KL stuff).
  • tune the image recipe (mdm9x15-image.inc) in order to add the kernel modules (.ko) files to the rootfs image + the firmware for ath6k + tools to play with WiFi (e.g. hostapd, iw, iptables, wpa-supplicant, …).
  • rebuild Yocto Linux with “make image_bin”.
  • install the newly generated kernel and rootfs images to your target using fastboot.

Jay

Hi: Jay

that’s enough, I’ll try.
thanks a lot for your help.

jim