How can I get CVC licenses for BC127?

Hi!
How do I go about getting CVC licences for some BC127s?

@workplease,

Sierra Wireless offers SKUs of the BC127 that have the cVc license pre-installed. They are:

BC127-1103785 - Melody 6.1.5 w/ cVc
BC127-1104131 - Melody 7.1 w/ cVc
BC127-1104324 - Melody 7.3 w/ cVc

Unfortunately, distributors do not seem to stock these and an 8-16 week lead time has been quoted. Qualcomm offers the BCSW-CVC-Hx-yM-FX SKUs which are the cVc licenses, but I haven’t had any luck getting a distributor to sell me those as they all want me to fork up the cash for the cVc enabled modules with a crazy lead time, which I find ridiculous.

Thanks!
-Ted

Thanks for the info @tass2001!

Yeah that is a little annoying. I’m currently using the demo CVC license on a BC127 disckit and it actually doesn’t seem to do much at all. The CVC enabler changed the BT address, and I’ve enabled CVC in the HFP settings, but it doesn’t really seem to reduce any background noise. You had better results?

@workplease,

I actually managed to purchase SKU BCSW-CVC-HF-2M-FX from Future Electronics without issue, but only after much teeth pulling. It works well with the BlueCreations branded BC127s that come with Melody 5.0 RC11.

I actually use the cVc license for enhanced echo cancellation which it does very well. I did notice while testing that I couldn’t hear my wife vacuum cleaning in the background (I was using an echo telephone number) with cVc enabled, so it definitely is doing some background noise cancellation. You can also tweak the cVc algorithm with some software and then load it back to the BC127, but I’m not really sure of the details here.

Thanks!
-Ted