HL7648 throws NOCARRIER error

Hi team,

I would like to set the APN name through AT commands and do a ping test(ping -I wwan0 8.8.8.8) via wwan0 interface on HL7648 module.

On executing ATO1 command I get NO CARRIER error. How to resolve it?

Thanks
Regards,
Rabiammal A

@rabiammala,

The HL7648 is intended for use in the US i.e. US frequency bands. You are using an Airtel APN implying that you are located in India? Is the unit actually attached to the network?

Can you send the below to the unit to give a better idea of what is going on?

ati
at+cgmr
at+cgdcont?
at+creg?
at+cgreg?
at+cereg?
at+cops=? //Note this will take a minute or so to complete as it is looking for networks, if it just returns OK then it cannot see any.

Also with regards what you want to do if you want to perform a ping from a host system then I would suggest using a PPP dial up rather than connecting using IP AT commands…

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,
Thanks for swift reply. The responses for the at commands are inserted below:

Yes We operate from India. The reason for doing ping test via cellular is to make sure the data packets are transferred via cellular network.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks
Regards,
Rabiammal A

@rabiammala,

I would say update to the latest because the firmware you are running is old but given you are in India and the unit is intended for US operation it does not support any of the bands that Airtel operate on (or any of the other Indian carriers , 1, 3, 8 and 40) so it will not see them and you will not be able to make a connection anyway.

We don’t make an Indian specific unit, the closest you will get will be the European version, the HL7692.

We

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

Below is the output when we have tested the module in USA

When we try to establish a TCP connection still we get the “NO CARRIER” error

Are we missing any settings?

The basic intention is to do ping test via cellular is to make sure the data packets are transferred via cellular network.

Thanks
Regards,
Rabiammal A