FXT002 GPRS off issue

Hello!
I’m a newbie in fxt programming and got problem with it. Trying to use lowpower mode using this code:

wip_bearerStop(b);
wip_bearerClose(b);
adl_atCmdCreate(  "AT+W32K=0",FALSE,w32k0_callback,  "*",  NULL);

But after this, if I send

at+cgatt?

it returns

+CGATT: 1
OK

Why my fxt is still has GPRS on?
And sometimes fxt can’t reconnect to GPRS after this till reset.

Hi,

Bearer stop and close actually deactivates the PDP context, so you should observe changes in +CGACT, but not +CGATT.

Even +CGATT was 1, module should be able to enter low power mode.
(But why you send “AT+W32k=0” if you want to enter low power mode??)

For failed to connect again, how do you reconnect GPRS after this? Can you show the code or try sending below and share the response?
AT+CGACT=1
AT+CGPADDR
AT+CSQ;+CREG?;+CGREG?

Thx
L

My mistake, i mean

AT+W32k=1
AT+W32K=1,0

before sleep mode.

GPRS reconnect same way as 1st initial time

wip_bearerOpen
wip_bearerSetOpts
wip_bearerStart

and waitin’ for calling

case  WIP_BEV_IP_CONNECTED:

At this time it works a week without failin’ to reconnect. As soon as it fails I’ll try to share you the response for

AT+CGACT=1
AT+CGPADDR
AT+CSQ;+CREG?;+CGREG?

Why during sleep mode current consumption isn’t stable? It changes from 1.5 mA to 20 mA and back again? What max value I can pass to wip_write( *, *, MAX)? If GPRS connection is lost, I push my data into buffer and when I call wip_write, MAX value can be equal to 5000000. I know, that it can’t write more than 5840 bytes and it returns amount of sended data (for example 2500). So next time I call wip_write( *, *, MAX-2500).
But if pass to wip_write( *, *, MAX) MAX = 500000, it executes correct. Can I continue use wip_write this way or it may cause random errors?

Any one have an answer?

Hi,

It is expected that the power consumption goes up and down during sleep mode, as there are background task, e.g. GSM paging, on going.

For the 2nd question, I am not confident if I understand correctly, for the max buffer length it depends on protocol you used. In WIP development guide it also mentioned “When return value of wip_write function is zero or write attempt writes less data than the requested data, then an application must wait for WIP_CEV_WRITE event before calling wip_write function again.”

Hope this helps.
L