error building with eabi with configuration Release

Hello,

using the new 2.3.0 version of developer studio, when I build with Release configuration I get the following error, using the Debug configuration the build is successful.

17:08:37 **** Rebuild of configuration [Target]ARM_EABI_GCC_Release for project watchdog ****
Info: Internal Builder is used for build
/opt/development/tools/eclipse/juno/eclipse/tools/armeabigcc/4.4.1/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc -D__OAT_API_VERSION
_=651 -DDS_TARGET_BB0 -D__arm -D__GNU_GCC__ -I/opt/development/tools/eclipse/juno/eclipse/dropins/com.wavecom.openat.ide.spm.lib.os.model.6.51.0.201206010944_6.51.0.201206010944/resources/ADL/itf -I/opt/development/tools/eclipse/juno/eclipse/dropins/com.wavecom.openat.ide.spm.lib.os.model.6.51.0.201206010944_6.51.0.201206010944/resources/ADL/basic -I/home/luca/Work/phoenix/neteye/workspace/watchdog/inc -O3 -Os -ggdb3 -Wall -c -fshort-enums -fdollars-in-identifiers -nostartfiles -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -mthumb-interwork -mthumb -march=armv5te -msoft-float -mapcs -mno-apcs-stack-check -o src/generated.o …/src/generated.c
/opt/development/tools/eclipse/juno/eclipse/tools/armeabigcc/4.4.1/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc -D__OAT_API_VERSION__=651 -DDS_TARGET_BB0 -D__arm -D__GNU_GCC__ -I/opt/development/tools/eclipse/juno/eclipse/dropins/com.wavecom.openat.ide.spm.lib.os.model.6.51.0.201206010944_6.51.0.201206010944/resources/ADL/itf -I/opt/development/tools/eclipse/juno/eclipse/dropins/com.wavecom.openat.ide.spm.lib.os.model.6.51.0.201206010944_6.51.0.201206010944/resources/ADL/basic -I/home/luca/Work/phoenix/neteye/workspace/watchdog/inc -O3 -Os -ggdb3 -Wall -c -fshort-enums -fdollars-in-identifiers -nostartfiles -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -mthumb-interwork -mthumb -march=armv5te -msoft-float -mapcs -mno-apcs-stack-check -o src/Appli_WD.o …/src/Appli_WD.c
/opt/development/tools/eclipse/juno/eclipse/tools/armeabigcc/4.4.1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ -Wl,–script,gcc.lkopt src/generated.o src/Appli_WD.o -Wl,-( -nostartfiles -Os -O2 -fshort-enums -fdollars-in-identifiers -ggdb3 -u _siwiStubsImplementation -fomit-frame-pointer -mthumb-interwork -mthumb -march=armv5te -msoft-float -mfpu=fpa -mapcs -mno-apcs-stack-check -Wl,-nmagic -Wl,-Map,watchdog.map /opt/development/tools/eclipse/juno/eclipse/dropins/com.wavecom.openat.ide.spm.lib.os.model.6.51.0.201206010944_6.51.0.201206010944/resources/ADL/RVDS_ADL.lib -Wl,-) -owatchdog.axf
/opt/development/tools/eclipse/juno/eclipse/tools/armeabigcc/4.4.1/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.4.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: cannot open linker script file gcc.lkopt: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

17:08:38 Build Finished (took 1s.383ms)

thanks
Luca

Please can you elaborate: aren’t you using the Build all configurations feature?
Or do you switch the Active Configuration to the Release one, and then build?

foreword:
the project was imported from an older version of devstudio. It was configured with ELF toolchain.
After upgrading to 2.3.0 the project is now configured in EABI. ELF and MINGW options are no more available even if I installed those features.

When I release the product, I build both configuration with Build All.
In both cases (Build All or Build Selected … Release) I get the error I posted yesterday.
Now I see if I set the active mode to Release it works.

Now the question, where are the ELF and MINGW toolchains? I looked in eclipse/tools/ and I found only armeabigcc and armelfgcc, no mingw
Can I use RTE on linux ?
I know I’m pedantic … but I’ am excited for the new version of dev studio!

Luca

MinGW toolchain/RTE is not available for Linux. This was a tooling architecture strongly based on Windows components, and the decision was made to not port it on a more platform independent architecture.
Moreover, RTE support has been removed from Open AT application Framework 2.51
This is also the case for ARM ELF GCC configuration (already mentioned in another thread): it is not supported anymore with 2.51, that’s why you can’t build for it.

Concerning the Build All Configurations feature, it is not supported by the Internal Builder, but now with DS 2.3.0 it is OK with the Makefile builder.
Please refer to https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/using-makefiles-generation-with-ds-2-3-0/5997/1 for more information on the Makefile builder.

That is what the ‘W’ stands for - isn’t it?!

Just to be sure I’ve got this straight:

• everything before 2.51 does support ARM ELF GCC;
  • nothing from 2.51 on supports ARM ELF GCC.

Corollary: This renders C-GPS (which is ARM ELF GCC only) unusable from 2.51 on…

W means Windows, but mingw is available on linux too for crosscompiling. CDT supports MINGW (preinstalled) on linux for crosscompiling.

Ok I will try with Makefile.

Thanks,
Luca

Yes, that’s it.