EM7565 starts always in Boot Mode

Hi,

we use the LM7565 via an adapter in an miniPCIe interface. But it will always starts in Boot mode. What are the criterias to enter boot mode ? And how is it possible to switch to application mode ?

Appreciate your support,

Fabrice

@ipetronik,

Can you tell me how you are determining it is boot mode?

Regards

Matt

sure. In Boot Mode the device has a different PID (0x9090) . In Application mode the PID is 0x9091.

Regards

Fabrice

@ipetronik,

Ok thats boot mode :-).

There are limited reasons as to why it would go into this mode.

• Recovery mode due to multiple resets within a short time frame but a normal reset should recover the unit from this, it just goes into this mode to enable a crash dump to be taken.
  • Unit firmware is completely corrupted, this is unlikely as it is pretty robust unless you are just killing power to the unit repeatedly.
  • There are some voltages/signals on one of the pins that the unit does not like stopping it from booting, this is the most likely cause for you given your use of an adaptor board.

Regards

Matt

The last point is the one I suspect. In the documentation (doc 4119652 rev 6) there is a section called “Power Ramp-up”. But there is not hint that the module enters Boot mode if some timings are not fullfiled.
Anyway. How can i switch to application mode ? In Boot mode there are two Bulk Endpoints (IN and OUT). Are there any commands that I can send via this interface ? Or are there certain USB requests to switch to the application mode ?

Regards

Fabrice

@ipetronik,

If the unit is in boot mode there is no way to cause/force/trigger it to go into its normal mode, it needs to do this of its own accord on power up, it has gone into boot mode because something is wrong.

Regards

Matt