EM7455B - Application or firmware returned by this system is unknown from AirVantage

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well. I’ve been attempting to add an EM7455B module to the account. However, the synchronization log shows:
Application or firmware returned by this system is unknown from AirVantage [EM7455B,MDM_SWI9X30C_02.33.03.00_PRI_9904609-002.072.000]. This firmware version appears on https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/minicard/74xx/airprime-em_mc74xx-approved-fw-packages/

In addition, I’ve tried to run a test OTA update, which returned “The selected firmware is not compatible with the current firmware on the device. Please check the name and type are consistent with the devices firmware ones”. EM7455B GENERIC Release 18 (MDM_SWI9X30C_02.24.03.00_PRI_9904609-002.021.000). It’s clear that the OTA firmware is older than the one installed, but the “not compatible” message is a bit confusing. Is it impossible to downgrade firmware versions via OTA, and is it possible to update the firmware version to the listed “approved firmware”?

@EnumC

So I am not too sure where the B part has come from, the unit is generally just an EM7455, indeed AV only allows you to register an EM7455, there is no B variant. I have looked for EM7455B on the server and there are some build packages on there which are quite old now but I think you need to just use the standard ones.

Regards

Matt

Hi Everybody, Same story here.

i’ve got two modules with that exact same firmware showing the exact same error.
Both of them return hardware rev. B

Thanks, Matt. I found the firmware after manually listing the EM7455 firmware. But even after OTA, it is still incorrectly reporting the "Application or firmware returned by this system is unknown from AirVantage [EM7455B…] error during sync. It’s not a huge problem since users can still find the correct firmware, but the default selection is evidently incorrect.

@EnumC

So looked a bit more, might also be because the EM7455B was a unit produced for a specific customer (I think) and as a result the server does not like it. I do not know what the difference between the standard product EM7455 and the variant EM7455B was but I don’t think it will have been a hardware variant as implied above.

Anyway as long as it works thats all that matter.

Regards

Matt