DS3: Error Creating Project

Hiya.

This one is probably for daav.

I’m porting some software to the Legato. Some of the software is built as a static library (for a number of reasons).

If I try to create a ‘New C++ project’ of type ‘Static Library’ (or Dynamic Library for that matter) using the ‘Legato Linux GCC’ toolchain, the wizard pops up an ‘Project cannot be created error’ box with a java.lang.NullPointerException message and the creation fails.

However, if I create a standard C++ project an then change the properties to be a static library, all is good.

Have you seen this? Can you reproduce this? Is this a SiWi problem, or a upstream CDT/Eclipse problem?

ciao, Dave

Just made the test, and reproducing it here…
This one is on our side; fortunately you have a workaround for it, but as soon as we have a fix, I’ll push a patch here.

Hi Daav,

Good to hear that you can reproduce the issue, and are able to fix it down the track.

Thanks for looking into it.

Ciao, Dave

Hi,

We’ve released a patch to fix this problem.
Install instructions:

After that you should be able to create library projects with the Legato Linux toolchain.

Note: this patch will have to be uninstalled if you upgrade your DS install later.

Thanks daav,

I’ll give it a go and let you know how I get on.

ciao, Dave

Please note this bug has been fixed in DS 3.1 (cf https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/developer-studio-3-1-released/11948/1)