Detecting callers phone number?

I’ve been reading about the Call Service API today which seems fine, but there is one problem that i have not been able to find any solution for:

How do i detect who’s calling? I have looked in the AT Commands guide as well, but found no information on this subject.

It must be possible since normal gsm phones display the callers number when there is an incoming call.

Hi Kaare,
You can get the incoming call number by enable this feature with AT command: AT+CLIP=1. After that, you must subscribe the response “+CLIP” to get the number of incoming call.
ttt

Don’t know why Wavecom didn’t provide this directly in the API, though - seems a pretty obvious thing to do, doesn’t it?! :unamused:

Hi awniel,

I implemented it using the call service, and once I get an event that sees an incoming call, I wait for the 3rd ring before I accept the call etc. The reason behind this is that I first check to see if I reckognise the number using the AT command AT+CLCC.

It is a bit more work, but a solution none the less.

Ciao!
Tyrone

Hello Tyrone and Awniel,

I have tried to implement what you’ve suggested, but I am not getting any event in the call handler when there is an incoming call. I am using OpenAT v4.25 and firmware version 6.63d on a Q2686.

In fact, I am getting one event when the call is hanged up on the remote terminal and after that the gprs session is automatically closed.

Please let me know if you have figured out a workaround this.

Thanks,

Oratios

Note that Open-AT doesn’t support simultaneous GPRS with CSD or Voice calls (even though the hardware does) - so that might be your problem?

Dear Awneil,

Thank you for your reply. I found a workaround the issue. I’m subscribing to the unsolicited RING indication:

adl_atUnSoSubscribe(adl_strGetResponse(ADL_STR_RING), (adl_atUnSoHandler_t)ring_handler);

And within the ring_handler, I’m sending the following:

adl_atCmdCreate(“at+clcc”, FALSE, CLCCfromRING_Handler, “*”, NULL);

In the CLCCfromRING_Handler I can get the caller phone number and the rest of the parameters.

You could simplofy that by enabling CLIP - so that the calling number appears in the unsolicited RING…