CF3 snap-in socket schematic symbol and PCB footprint

Does anyone know where to find ready-made schematic symbols and PCB footprints for the CF3 snap-in socket? We are using Allegro. That footprint looks ominous! I’d like to save 2 days of time if possible.

I came looking for the footprint also. Did you have any luck with finding the footprint file? I’ve contacted Sierra Wireless about it but they were unable to give me a footprint file. I don’t think she knew what I was looking for.

Please ask Sierrawireless to support

Guys,

The detailed snap in socket 3D models are going onto the source now, the PCB foot print files and 3D models for the HL/WP’s themselves are already there.

Regards

Matt

Hi @mlw

Could share the link? Let’s start layout fast.
BTW, WP76 series module are using double ring foot pin patternand HL series are using single ring. Do they using SAME dimension information.

Could you point out different, If not full complete same?

@LChing,

I cannot send a link because they are not on there just yet, you need to set an alert on the WP page.

Re the inner ring yest the HL and WP share the same dimensions for the inner ring, for the outer ring I would expect the pins to be the same but you would need to check the PTS.

Regards

Matt

Hi @mlw

Thanks for your information.

Sure WP76xx & HL series are using same CF3 package. However HL using inner ring only and different with WP.

In snap-in socket, there have two kind(parts number) for them individually.

You are right they almost similar to each other, but we still need note the different to avoid short circuit.

@LChing,

Its up there now.

https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/hardware_specs_user_guides/hl-wp-snap-in-socket-cad-files-swi/

Regards

Matt

@mlw

Thanks for your support.