I have been trying to port my app from Fastrack Supreme (with 7.4.0.00) to the new Fastrack Xtend (7.4.0.a) and have experienced serious difficulties with configuring UART settings on both UARTs.
Basically I am trying to set UART2 to 9600, 8E1 and am getting 9600, 8N1 instead (the required Even parity parameter is not getting set). The same happens when I try to set UART1. Manually setting either UART from the command line seems to work OK.
I can reproduce the problem on my original Fastrack Supreme if I ‘upgrade’ it to 7.4.0.a. I’ve also tried upgrading to 7.43.0 but the problem persists. Restoring to 7.4.0.00 fixes everything.
So its not the new modem, its something to do with 7.4.0.a (and above) or with the way I am using it.
I am using M2M 1.1.1 and have been especially careful to create a new project using apropriate settings each time, but to no avail.
I’ve tried delaying serial config a few seconds until after the modem has initialised, but this does not make any difference.
If it helps, I have managed to condense the problem down to its smallest form using the hello_world sample. But I don’t know how to include code samples on the forum - If I use the Code button and put a code snippet between the two markers and hit the preview button the page seems to seize up and after several seconds it just times out.