BX3105 hardware flowcontrol not working for Firmware 2.5.0

Hi!

Recently we bought a dev kit for the BX3105 to develop a wireless application.
At first we spend some time getting familiar with the module by using the USB connection and Putty to connect and send commands.

This went without any problems. We noticed that some functionality was not available in FW version 1. So we updated to 2.5.

Now that we were familiar with the module we connected a STM32L4+ microcontroller to it. We used Hardware flow control pins as well, since we are going to need high speed (3Mbaud+) UART connection.

After some thinkering and programming we noticed that the hardware flowcontrol is being ignored by the BX3105 module. We explicitly checked this by manually placing a wire from the RTS pin to VDD_PADS (3.3v), which should tell the module to hold with reply’ing. This is not the case, the module responds anyway.

We tried the same thing, but with a downgraded module (Firmware version 1), and the flow control is working for this version. We need firmware version 2.5 because it has certain features that we would like to use.

NOTE: We did enable flowcontrol with command: AT&K3

We would really like to receive some support on this.
Perhaps someone has an idea of what is different about the hardware flow control between the 2 firmware version.

Greetings,
Danny

@dteunissen,

I have tested this on a dev kit/PC with a terminal program that is able to control RTS and it does seem to be a regression in this firmware, (need to check firmware 1.0) but can you push it back into the commercial channel you bought it from so they are able to raise a ticket to us? Technical tickets cannot be raised from the forum.

Regards

Matt

1 Like

@mlw,

Thanks for the response!
I will try to push it back through the commercial channel and let you know when i did.

Best regards,
Danny

@mlw ,

I’ve send a request with the same information as i posted here.
My guess is that this issue does not only affect us but the majority that will be using this module.

Please let me know when you have checked firmware 1.0, we already checked with 2 development kits, but would like to have confirmation that you experience the same.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Danny

@dteunissen,

I have tested it on 1.0.0 and it does seem to work there yes.

Regards

Matt

2 Likes

@mlw,

Will this issue of RTS/CTS be addressed in the near future?

We want to use this module in several modes (BT SPP and Wifi TCP/IP with internal and external access point). Downgrading to v1.0 will resolve the issue of RTS/CTS however it introduces several other issues which prevent us from using v1.0.

Are there any other intermediate version we could try to see if the flow control and the other features we want are working? We noticed that in the release notes there are intermediate versions mentioned, however these are not public. Also, is there any direct channel where we could provide feedback?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Ron

@RonvanLuijtelaar,

We need it to be raised back through our official channels for us to push a fix through (as I have said we cannot raise issues from things reported on the forum regardless of whether I have reproduced it or not). Once this is done then we can give you a better view.

Regards

Matt

@mlw,

Thanks for the quick response. We will contact the distributor with urge.

Regards,

Ron

hi @dteunissen @mlw,
I’m a beginner with BX3105 and after testing with Hercules I passed AT&K3 to tested with my Arduino but now I want to give it back to Hercules it means to use a USB interface for config, but I can’t do it because the interface does not response did anyone have an idea!!