BX3105 Bootloader

I was trying to get some ESP32 RF Test firmware on the BX3105 development board, and inadvertently removed the bootloader by the looks of it (flash read err,1000).

How can I recover this?

Cheers

Matthew

Hi @matthewhuck,
Just authentic, signed Sierra firmware can be used in the update process. Please visit below link for FW download
https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/software/bx310x-firmware/#sthash.BJxrH7ds.dpbs
Please feel free to share any concern you have. Help us to tick “Solution” if your question is answered
Thanks

I’m trying to get the authentic firmware back on, but at the moment it doesn’t boot into the bootloader to allow that. Upon startup it reports a

flash err, 1000
ets_main.c, 371

and then resets.

How can this be recovered?

Hi @matthewhuck,
Which steps did you try to enter bootloader mode?
You can try below procedure:

• Power off module. Place a jumper on Prog. Mode Pins to pull GPIO(27) to high (source). The position is highlighted as attached image
  • Open bootloader tool (I used Hercules tools) and press reset button on the module
  • Check ACK message, the boot loader of the module should go into communication mode. The message like this:

rst:0x1 (POWERON_RESET),boot:0x13 (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
configsip: 0, SPIWP:0xee
clk_drv:0x00,q_drv:0x00,d_drv:0x00,cs0_drv:0x00,hd_drv:0x00,wp_drv:0x00
mode:DIO, clock div:2
load:0x3fff80c8,len:4
load:0x3fff80cc,len:152
load:0x40078000,len:0
ho 12 tail 0 room 4
load:0x40078000,len:13652
entry 0x40078b24
Ă€WSIHĂ€
At this point, the module enter bootload mode successfully
Untitled
Please share if you have any concern and help us tick Solution if your question is answered
Thanks

Hi, Using a jumper between 27 to high, and powering the module gives the following

rst:0x10 (RTCWDT_RTC_RESET),boot:0x13 (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
flash read err, 1000
ets_main.c 371 
ets Jun  8 2016 00:22:57

Without the jumper:

rst:0x10 (RTCWDT_RTC_RESET),boot:0x13 (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
flash read err, 1000
ets_main.c 371 
ets Jun  8 2016 00:22:57

As you can see, I am unable to boot into the bootloader.

Cheers

Matthew

Hi @matthewhuck,
Is module able to enter AT command mode? If yes, please try command AT+RST= to revert it. Otherwise, I am afraid that it was blocked after you had tried upgrading FW. In this case, please contact your distributor for more support.
Let feel free to share any concerns. Help us tick Solution if your question is answered
Thanks

1 Like

Sometimes, I get same issue at startup when booting BX100 whereas I don’t want to do any firmware upgrade thru UART (no pull-up on GPIO27)… May be the issue is due to GPIO27 level (no pull-down in my hardware to force a “normal” boot). So the boot stops and I have no mean to continue booting… As a work around, I’m wondering if it exists a command in the bootloader that could be sent to start the application… Any Idea ?

Greetings,

did you get this fixed somehow? It seems that the device will screw up the bootloader, if the boot pins are conveniently configured. One doesn’t even need to download anything to be stuck here :frowning:

Unfortunately not, we just wrote the device off as bricked.

1 Like