BC127 Paired Device List size limits/configuration

This must be documented somewhere, but I haven’t found anything: what is the maximum number of paired devices supported by the BC127 module? Is this limit configurable?

@chris.huff

I cannot find it documented anywhere but I seem to remember it is quite high, I have had something like 8 devices connected to a units simultaneously and did not hit a limit where it could not connect any more (I ran out of devices) so I suspect the limit will be 16, 32, something of this order.

No the max number is not configurable, the application will need to reject pairing requests if they come in.

Regards

Matt

Hi @chris.huff,
You can refer to attached document for the maximum number of connections for each profile type. It may help you while setting up.
Page 110, table 4-9: Melody Configurations Details:
https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/hardware_specs_user_guides/bc127-melody-audio-7-user-guide/#sthash.AWNB4cHl.dpbs

Details: Configure the maximum number of connections for each profile type.
Usage:
• Format: PROFILES=<max_hfp> <max_aghfp> <max_a2dp_snk> <max_a2dp_src> <max_avrcp> <max_ble>
<max_spp> <max_pbap> <max_hid_dev> <max_hid_host> <max_map> <max_iap>
Purpose: Set the maximum number of connections for each profile type.
Default: PROFILES=2 0 2 0 2 3 2 1 0 0 1 0
(Note: On MFI builds, <max_iap> default is 1.)

Reboot required: Yes
Parameters:
<max_hfp> (Maximum number of HFP connections)
• 0–3
<max_aghfp> (Maximum number of AGHFP connections)
• 0–3
<max_a2dp_snk> (Maximum number of A2DP Sink/TWS connections)
• 0–3
• Note: Only one of <max_a2dp_snk> and <max_a2dp_src> can be enabled—the other must be disabled (0).
<max_a2dp_src> (Maximum number of A2DP Source connections)
• 0–3
• Note: Only one of <max_a2dp_snk> and <max_a2dp_src> can be enabled—the other must be disabled (0).
<max_avrcp> (Maximum number of AVRCP connections)
• 0–3
<max_ble> (Maximum number of BLE connections)
• 0–3
<max_spp> (Maximum number of SPP connections)
• 0–3
<max_pbap> (Maximum number of PBAP connections)
• 0–2
<max_hid_dev> (Maximum number of HID Device connections)
• 0–1
• Note: Only one of <max_hid_dev> and <max_hid_host> can be enabled, the other must be disabled (0).
<max_hid_host> (Maximum number of HID Host connections)
• 0–1
• Note: Only one of <max_hid_dev> and <max_hid_host> can be enabled, the other must be disabled (0).
<max_map> (Maximum number of MAP connections)
• 0–2
<max_iap> (Maximum number of iAP connections)
• 0–2 on MFI build
• Supported on MFI build only; default=1

The document also describes the relating commands for configuration. Please refer to it for more detail.
Let feel free to share any concern you have. Help us tick Solution if your question is answered
Thanks

That appears to be the number of active connections supported. I’m looking for the maximum number of paired devices.

@chris.huff,

The answer I gave was what I think is correct. It is not documented anywhere at the moment.

If you need a hard answer then you need to push it back into your commercial channel as it would need the firmware team to go through the code and see what the maximum is assigned to the list command.

Regards

Matt