Assited GPS at HL6

I am currently using HL6528G and HL8549G in 2 different products. The AGPS works perfectly on HL8 but I am unable to make it works at HL6528G.

Does anyone knows how to make AGPS works on HL6?
Any application notes ? Any tips?

Best regards,
Renato

Renato,

AGPS on the 6 and the 8 are different, the 8 used SUPL but the 6 requires the use of CSR’s own server. The long and the short of it is that the 6 cannot easily use AGPS because we (or anyone outside of CSR) does not have a CSR server, the one that we do have is for test purposes only. If you want to use it for production applications in theory you should contact CSR to setup/get your own/etc.

Regards

Matt

Dear Matt,

Thank you very much for fast response. I would appreciate if you could answer the following 
  1. The server you have for test purposes can be shared? What are the terms and conditions to use it?

2. Do you have any contact on CSR to request my own access? CSR is now Qualcomm, it will probably be a hard task for a small and medium companies.

3. At “AT Command Interface Guide Rev17.0” pag.835 it describes “EE Update from local Source” . If I use this method, did I still need CSR server? I was wondering if I can generate GPS_03.dee file from a HL8 and let it avaiable in my own server to be download from a HL6 device. Does it make sense for you?

Best regards,
REnato

Renato,

I presume you are using the HL6RD? If so then you should be sing its command manual

https://source.sierrawireless.com/~/media/support_downloads/airprime/software/airprime_hl6528rdx_at_commands_interface_guide_rev7_0.ashx

Looking at the RD version I think we may have shifted it over to SUPL between the RD and old versions.

Regards

Matt

Renato,

Confirmed that the HL6RD works with SUPL as per below

at+cfun=1,1
OK
+CREG: 2
+CGREG: 0
+GPSEVINIT: 1
+KSUP: 0
+CGREG: 2
+CREG: 1
+CGREG: 1
at+gpsstart=1
OK
+GPSEVSTART: 1
+GPSEVPOS: 0
+GPSEVSUPL: 1
at+cgmr
RHL6528RD.2.4.3.11CV10F49.201709160006.m6261a_1
OK
at+gpsconf?
+GPSCONF: 0,0
+GPSCONF: 1,2
+GPSCONF: 10,2
+GPSCONF: 11,200,200
OK
at+gpssuplcfg?
+GPSSUPLCFG: 0,"supl.google.com",7276,1,0
+GPSSUPLCFG: 1,-1,1,1
+GPSSUPLCFG: 2,"everywhere","","","0.0.0.0","0.0.0.0","0.0.0.0"
OK

Matt,

We are not using RD version, we are using HL6528-G2.8V BR, to be honest I had never heard about RD vertion before. We have 500units of assembled board using this module so far. Do you think I can use SUPL on this vertion too? If not, I ask you againg :

1. The server you have for test purposes can be shared? What are the terms and conditions to use it?

2. Do you have any contact on CSR to request my own access? CSR is now Qualcomm, it will probably be a hard task for a small and medium companies.

3. At “AT Command Interface Guide Rev17.0” pag.835 it describes “EE Update from local Source” . If I use this method, did I still need CSR server? I was wondering if I can generate GPS_03.dee file from a HL8 and let it avaiable in my own server to be download from a HL6 device. Does it make sense for you?

Best regards,

Hi,

Ok, for the non RD version my previous answers stand, it does not support SUPL. You would need to contact CSR directly but effectively you will not be able to use aiding because CSR will not want to deal with you (they were difficult with us so anyone smaller and they just will not respond).

The non RD was EOL’ed a long time ago and so was support effectively.

Regards

Matt

Hello Matt,

Sorry to boring you with this issue again.
At that time I talked with local Sierra people and they inform me the non RD vertion of HL6 is not in EOL. And it continue in production untill now in Brazilian factory.
We have survived without AGPS untill now, but we are loosing a lot of opportunities because our first fix is too long.
So, first question is if there is any change from april to now regarding AGPS on HL6 and again I would appreciate your opinion about this question :

At “AT Command Interface Guide Rev17.0” pag.835 it describes “EE Update from local Source” . If I use this method, did I still need CSR server? I was wondering if I can generate GPS_03.dee file from a HL8 and let it avaiable in my own server to be download from a HL6 device. Does it make sense for you?

Best regards,
Renato

Hi Renato,

For HL6528-G, Here’s an old example to use GPSAID feature to reduce TTFF.

AT+KCNXCFG=0,“GPRS”,“uninet”
OK
//AT+GPSAID=0,0 //AEE deactivation (optional,to test DEE)
//AT+GPSAID=<config_type>,<dee_mode>, <dee_period>,<dee_server_address>,<dee_server_port>,<dee_server_code>,<dee_socket_type>,<dee_timeout>,<dee_pdp_context>
AT+GPSAID=1,1,3,“eedemo1.csrlbs.com”,80,“ZGVtb3VzZXI3NzpGXXXXXXX”,“TCP”,10,0 //Enable aiding service and setup distribution server access, DEE period: 3 days
OK
AT+GPSSTART=0 // Start GNSS auto mode
OK
+GPSEVINIT: 1
+GPSEVPOS: 0 // GNSS fix position has been detected lost
+GPSEVPOS: 3 //3-Dimensional Position
//AT+GPSAID=2,1 //This command requests EE file download and injection
AT+GPSAID=2,3 // Initiate forced remote EE update: DEE command, forces EE file download and injection.
OK
+GPSEVAID: 1,1 // 1:DEE_STARTED, it means EE download operation started
+GPSEVAID: 1,2 // 2:DEE_VALID, it means a successful download
+GPSEVAID: 1,4,0,4095 // 4:DEE_VALIDITY_INFO, 0:validity.format, 4095: duration in minutes
AT+KFSFILE=4,"/gnss" //To check the files in file system
+KFSFILE: SiRFHostVStorage21.sns 512
+KFSFILE: SiRFHostVStorage24.sns 504
+KFSFILE: SiRFHostVStorage25.sns 19440
+KFSFILE: SiRFHostVStorage23.sns 30360
+KFSFILE: SiRFHostVStorage11.sns 512
+KFSFILE: SiRFHostVStorage14.sns 2048
+KFSFILE: SiRFHostVStorage15.sns 34560
+KFSFILE: SiRFHostVStorage13.sns 30360
+KFSFILE: 716730 bytes free
OK
AT+GPSSTOP
OK
+GPSEVSTOP: 1
AT+GPSSTART=1 //Starts GPS in “TEST WARM” mode
OK
+GPSEVPOS: 2
+GPSEVPOS: 3 //3-Dimensional Position
AT+GPSTTFF?
+GPSTTFF: 10180,12248 //TTFF be reduced.
OK