AirPrime EM7565 PCIe Development Kit

Hi All,

Thanks to all of you!!

I just buyed AirPrime EM7565 PCIe Development Kit. I am trying to initiate , I am working on Ubuntu 16.04 Linux computer. I installed driver successfully. Now when I am trying to get in connected on via serial port with its USB-UART cable. System is able to recognize this kit. I want to know exact configuration of serial port. I am trying with
Baud Rate : 115200
Data Bits : 8
Stop Bits : 1
Parity : None
Flow Control : None

Kindly connect if somewhere wrong I have taken. Of if anybody has some initial document , I request you to please do share here.

Thanks-
Ankur

@arastogiw,

You need to install the GobiSerial and GobiNet drivers which will enumerate the ports over USB (you are after the third /dev/ttyUSB port it enumerates, typically /dev/ttyUSB2), there is no support over the 9 pin UART connector on the board.

Regards

Matt

Hi All,

Thanks for responding…

I have done all these. Device getting recognized in /dev and via lsusb I am getting it. Now how I will send data/sms or some application ? On what port ? or On what protocol ? Or I used GSM modem, earlier I did using serial port communication. Now as UART/USB cable is provided, so I tried via same, but as I am not getting its poper data on comm port , i written same. In the attached kit all the screenshot are provided, kindly help to proceed further.

So please suggest how I can initiate to work on

Thanks–
Ankur

@arastogiw,

The attached might help t o get you started. It really is a question of what you want to achieve and how as the questions you are asking right now are very general.

1aec569af75a1ab07c66bf85086071fc482f614b.docx (347.1 KB)

Regards

Matt

Hi Mlw,

Thanks for this great help.
This document looks very useful.It contains multiple figures where only txt file icons are present. Nowhere icons are present. I request you, if possible kindly share the pdf containing images or text files.

In this document at section 4 , point 4 root login is suggested at ttyUSB2. I have reached ttyUSB2 but the exact configuration I am missing that is even not provided in this document.

It might be possible that some figure may contain configuration. So if you can kindly help in identifying exact configuration of ttyUSB. This will be a awesome help. The configuring I am trying I have shown in my previous post attached figure.

Thanks–
Ankur

@arastogiw,

I specifically sent it to you as a word document so that you can open the .txt files which are embedded in the document.

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your kind response.

I tried word file but i was not able to open text file. There could be some issue, can u kindly text files separately or email at arkernel@gmail.com. I am stucking on UART/USB configuration, it will be great even if you can share configuration on response of this.

Thanks-
Ankur
Ankur

@arastogiw,

Don’t know why you cannot see them, they are all in the attached zip file.

Embedded text files.zip (7.1 KB)

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for this wonderful help, its far better now. Its a good source of information.

Regards-
Ankur

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your all help.

We are successfully able to communicate with serial port, but not able send sms it giving Error, the message displayed is "
at+cgreg?
ERROR
"

But “at” command is successful, and providing all information.

at OK ati Manufacturer: Sierra Wireless, Incorporated Model: EM7565 Revision: SWI9X50C_01.00.02.00 6ff48a jenkins 2017/09/29 05:54:26 MEID: 35926008011112 IMEI: 359260080111120 IMEI SV: 2 FSN: UF801685470406 +GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES

OK

Can you kindly help where exactly we are getting wrong ?

Thanks & Regards.
Ankur

@arastogiw,

First things first upgrade the firmware.

https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/minicard/75xx/airprime-em_mc75xx-approved-fw-packages/

Since it is so old you might need to run the procedure twice just to make sure it goes down correctly.

Regards

Matt