adl_atCmdCreate problem with adl_atCmdSubscribe

Hello,

Here is my problem:

I declared a new AT command AT+NTPSERV :
adl_atCmdSubscribe ( “AT+NTPSERV”, Cmd_NTPSERV_Handler, ADL_CMD_TYPE_READ | ADL_CMD_TYPE_PARA | 0x0011 );

When using AT+SERV from the UART1 port of the Q24plus (over the eval board), it works fine.

However when using:
adl_atCmdCreate( “AT+NTPSERV?\r”, FALSE, ManageNewMessage_Resp_Handler, “*”, NULL );

I received the ERROR message, while

adl_atCmdCreate( “AT+CSQ\r”, FALSE, ManageNewMessage_Resp_Handler, “*”, NULL ); works fine.

for info:
bool ManageNewMessage_Resp_Handler(adl_atResponse_t *paras)
{
adl_atSendResponse ( ADL_AT_UNS, paras->StrData );
return TRUE;
}//endprog

Any idea?
thank you for your help.

Laurent

adl_atCmdCreate only works with the standard, built-in AT commands; You cannot use adl_atCmdCreate to issue your own custom commands.

What would be the point? Just have your application call the appropriate function(s) direct! 8)

Thank you awneil for your help.

My application handles a proprietary serial protocol.
Serail frames start by “EA” (0x45 0x41) adn end by .
For this reason I switch the UART1 in data mode, but I would like to be able to send my custom AT commands while in data mode.

Thank you for your help.

Laurent

If you really want to do this, you should write your own wrapper to handle your custom AT commands.

Or adapt your “proprietary serial protocol” to allow access to these commands…

I do have problem as well with atCmdCreate where i need to specify array pointer that will contain the value after the equal sign of the at comand.

This array sould be added the the cpbp at command.
If i use the name of the array as followes:

adl_atCmdCreate(“at+cpbp=“num””, FALSE, Handler, “*”, NULL);
With the above format I get search for the ascii vallue of -num- and not the value that is in the array pointer itself.

Adding the name of the array as follows after the comand itself will return an error.

adl_atCmdCreate(“at+cpbp”+num, FALSE, Handler, “*”, NULL);

Is there anyone knows how to add pointer to array in this adl ?

This has nothing to do with ADL - what you are doing is just not valid in ‘C’!

You need to use sprintf or similar to build your command string first, and then pass that string to adl_cmdCreate…

yes i know the second one is not valid. i have tried all other options.

this one doesnt work as well;

[quote]
wm_strcpy(b,“at+cpbp=”);
wm_memset(b+8,0x5c,1); \ 0x5c=
wm_memset(b+9,0x22,1); \ 0x22="
wm_strcpy(b+10,num);
wm_memset(b+20,0x5c,1);
wm_memset(b+21,0x22,1);
wm_memset(b+22,0x22,1);

[quote]

Hiya,

why don’t you try something like this instead (assuming that num is an integer):

wm_sprintf(b, "at+cpbp=%c%c%d%c%c%c", 0x5c, 0x22, num, 0x5c, 0x22, 0x22);

Look up the printf() and sprintf() functions to see how to format the string.

I wouldn’t try to print the resulting string to the console though…the control chars may bollox things up.

ciao, Dave

Or even:

The more complicated you make it, the less likely you are to get it right!

Neither of those will work, because they both insert backslash characters into the string!

You don’t actually want the backslash characters in the string - you just want the double quotes.

The backslash is just there to “escape” the double quotes when you enter them as part of a string!

it will take me days to find out that actually no one ever tried this before , but i am doubt about it…

can you please give an example how to put the at command ,concatenated with pointer to a buffer to the adl_CmdCreat?

Again, this has nothing to do with Wavecom, OPen-AT or ADL. It’s basic, standard, textbook ANSI ‘C’ - use of sprintf.

Try doing it in a “normal” C compiler until you can get printf to display the string you want…

Just sending the sprintf without relating it to the adl_atCmdCreat will not give me anything.
i did not understand what will sprintf contribute?

In order to use the at comand i need to specify the comand format in ascii to - ascii *atstr , is that correct?
as i said before adding the correct number to the at comand that i need to send is trivial ,
it is the format of the string itself and the why it appers inside the array returns the error after jumping into this adl on the debuugging stage.
I have tried to use b as the array that represents *atstr with the following options:

b[]="at+cpbp=“0123456"”
returns error

b[]="at+cpbp=“0123456"”
returns error as well

Use sprintf to build the string that you require.

If you don’t know how to do that in a “normal” C program outside of Open-AT and ADL, then you obviously won’t be able to do it with the added complications of Open-AT and ADL!

So get it going in a plain, vanilla “ordinary” C application first.

Yes

That will give you a compiler error - it is not valid ‘C’ syntax

You haven’t specified a type for ‘b’

If you don’t specify a type, ‘C’ will always default to int , which is not what you require - so it will cause an error.

Again, this is standard ‘C’ stuff - nothing specifically to do with Wavecom, Open-AT, or ADL.

You need to state clearly what, exactly, returns an eror - and what error, exactly, it returns!

eg:

• An error in your ‘C’ syntax will cause the compiler to give an error;
  • An error in the way that you call adl_atCmdCreate may cause that function to return an error result code;
  • An error in the AT command itself will cause an ERROR response.

Here is an example of using sprintf to build a string and subsequently using that string:

#include <stdio.h>

int main( int argc, char* argv[] )
{
    // Strings to be formed into the message
    char hello_string[] = "Hello";
    char world_string[] = "world";

// Buffer into which to build the message
    char string_to_print[80];

// Build the message
    sprintf( string_to_print, "%s, %s!\n", hello_string, world_string );

// Print it!
    printf( string_to_print );

// all done.
    return 0;
}

You should be able to build that using any standard ‘C’ compiler to run it on a standard host system (not Open-AT).

Then experiment with adapting it to form the AT Command that you require…

Once you have that working, then move it into your Open-AT application…

The error is in the at command itself and it is +CME ERROR: 22 which means number is not existed.

I see it after a breakpoint that i put on the comand handler

bool Handler(adl_atResponse_t *paras)
{
    rs = (ascii *)adl_memGet(paras->StrLength); \\ Breakpoint is here 
    wm_strRemoveCRLF(rs, paras->StrData, paras->StrLength);
    wm_strcpy(buf,rs); \\buf = +CME ERROR: 22 
}

this is only an explenation of whats insid the srings that i send with the adl .

So you searched for a number that isn’t in the Phonebook - what result do you expect other than the error code indicating that the number isn’t in the Phonebook?! :unamused:

as a matter of fact it exists. sending the comand threw terminal provides the correct number