WIP-SMTP Sample Problem

Hello!

I am using Q2686 developer kit.

I have opened and fill with proper data (my APN, pass, user, smtp server etc…) WIP-SMTP sample’s c-files in Eclipse. I ran this app in RTE mode and saw this in terminal:

[GPRS]: open: -> DISCONNECTED
[GPRS]: start: -> CONNECTING
[GPRS]: GPRS EVENT SETUP OK (cid=1): GPRS activate
[GPRS]: GPRS EVENT: 27 (cid=1)
[GPRS]: GPRS EVENT ACTIVATE OK (cid=1): FCM open
[GPRS]: FCM subscribe: 0
[GPRS]: FCM EVENT FLOW OPENNED: -> CONNECTED
ERRLOG smtp.c:1732: SMTP Internet Protocol Feature not activated

and in the Target Monitoring Tool:

71.241	Trace	CUS4	1	(poll_creg_callback) Registered on GPRS network.
72.073	Trace	L3RR	1	Unable to find the string of the remote trace in the file (ID = 15224)
72.698	Trace	RLU	1	Unable to find the string of the remote trace in the file (ID = 528)
73.473	Trace	CUS4	1	SMTP Client Service test application : Init
73.523	Trace	CUS4	1	cannot create smtp session channel

Could someone tell me why it does not work?

Best regards

Adrian

Easy. The Internet PlugIn feature is not enabled on that module.
Talk to your distributor for a code to unlock it.

hI,
HOW ARE YOU!
Have you resolved the “WIP-SMTP Sample Problem”?

I have met the same problem.
Can you tell me how to resolved it?
Thanks.

The problem is that your unit does not have the necessary options enabled.

To enable the option, you need to [size=150] Pay [/size]to obtain the necessary unlocking “key” code.

As Tobias said, you need to [size=150] speak to your Distributor[/size] - who will be able to make the necessary arrangements…

Thank awneil .

We have developped SMTP application in Q2686 (under OS V4.1 and WIP2.0) successfully (without Distributor’s help).

But we need to developped SMTP application in Q24PL (under Firmware 657D,OS V3.13 and WIP3.01). The DEBUG information IS as below:

[GPRS]: open: -> DISCONNECTED
[GPRS]: start: -> CONNECTING
[GPRS]: GPRS EVENT SETUP OK (cid=1): GPRS activate
[GPRS]: GPRS EVENT: 27 (cid=1)
[GPRS]: GPRS EVENT ACTIVATE OK (cid=1): FCM open
[GPRS]: FCM subscribe: 0
[GPRS]: FCM EVENT FLOW OPENNED: -> CONNECTED
ERRLOG smtp.c:1732: SMTP Internet Protocol Feature not activated

I donnot know the cause.
I doubt THATthe Q24PL firmware cannot support to developped SMTP application.

THANK YOUR REPLY AGAIN.

:question: :question:

The cause is litteraly in your error log.
The module you have does not have the SMTP Internet Protocol Feature enabled. This feature needs to be paid for and your distributor can help you enable this feature.
Just as tobias and awneil said.

The feature needs to be paid for and enabled on each and every individual module.

Your distributor can help you in two ways:

1. To get the feature enabled on your existing module(s) that lack it;
  2. To ensure that future modules are supplied with the feature enabled.

Hi,
Thank your help, Madouc and awneil .

The problem is that the module does not have the SMTP Internet Protocol Feature enabled.
So I take my 3 days to develop the SMTP application by myself. Up to now it can work well.

Here, I have other question. When I input “AT+WOPEN=2” to the Q24PL, the message is given:

+WOPEN: 2,“AT v03.12”,“AT v03.13”

I am not know what meaning of the “AT v03.12” &“AT v03.13”.

The “AT v03.12”, I guess, is OPENAT OS version of the module ,and the “AT v03.13” is the OPENAT OS version , which is used to develop the application software(download in the module ) on PC. Is it right?

The latter section (such as “AT v03.13”) can be change when I use other OPENAT OS version to develop my application.
But how to change the section (such as “AT v03.12” ) ? Can I download other OPENAT OS to upgrade the module OS?
if can, how to upgrade?

And,
When I input “at+cgmr” to the Q24PL, the message is given:
657d09gg.Q24PL002 1956364 052907 16:50

It means that the module’s fireware is ver. 657D (it can be founded in the FIRMEWARE DIR)

I can download ohter fireware to change the version (such as 657f).
BUT I donnot know the relation of the firewarre and the section “AT v03.12”. When I download ohter fireware to change the version (such as 657f), the section “AT v03.12” is not changed.

Can you help me ?
Thanks again!

Liu

Well done - at last, you’ve got it! :unamused:

Yes, that’s it.

That is part of the firmwarein the module - so updating that requires a firmware update.

Thank awneil .

That is part of the firmwarein the module - so updating that requires a firmware update.
[/quote]
As you said, after I upgrade the firmware, the OPENAT OS version of the moudle can be changed.

I take one Q24Pl moudle to test. Its original information is below:

at+cgmr
657d09gg.Q24PL002 1956364 052907 16:50

OK
at+wopen=2
+WOPEN: 2,“AT v03.12”,“AT v03.15”

OK

I upgrade the Q24Pl moudle using 657f00(the fiename is “657f00_full_q24pl002_lck.dwl”). The fireware is correlated with OPENAT OS version 3.15(When I setup OPENAT OS version 3.15 on PC, the “657f00” fireware is installed in the OPENAT->FIREWARE directory on my PC).

Afterwards,I input “at+cgmr” and “at+wopen=2” to the Q24PL, the message is given:

===================================================================
at+cgmr
657f00gg.Q24PL002 1968096 051908 10:44

OK
at+wopen=2
+WOPEN: 2,“AT v03.12”,“AT v03.15”

OK

The fireware is changed, but the OPENAT OS version of the moudle is not changed(The version is the original v03.12 yet ,not the v03.15).

Which step is wrong when I upgrade the OPENAT OS version of the moudle ?

Excuse me for bothering you again.

Thanks.

:blush: :smiley:

There isn’t necessarily anything wrong - presumably, the differences between the two firmware releases didn’t affect the Open-AT version.

What do the release notes say…?

Thank your reply, awneil.

That you said is a very key problem. I try to find the relation between the moudle version and the OPENAT OS version from the datum given by WAVECOM. But Nothing can help me to know it.

Can someone give any suggestions about it to me? Where can I find any notes about it?

Thanks!

:blush: :stuck_out_tongue:

So long as you stick to the same version that came with your SDK, you should be OK.

Why do you think that you need a different firmware version?

If you need a different firmware version, then just download it together with the appropriate SDK.
Simple! 8)

Otherwise, talk to you Distributor.

I want to upgrade the moudle OS version for some new API(such as SMTP,MMS) in OS of higher version,which is not incuded in earlier VERSION.
FOR example,there is MMS Lib. in ver.5.10, but in earlier version there is not MMSLib.

If I can upgrade the moudle OS version, I can use convenient ways to develop our application.

By the way, I have asked for help from our local Distributor, but there is less helpful message that I cannot obtain from them - I donnot know why. I can get some help from this froum On the contrary.

In that case, you will need the newer SDK as well.

When you download the SDK, the appropriate module firmware is included.

The problem seems to go to the beginning.

When I want to upgrade the moudle OS version for some new API, I need the newer SDK and download the appropriate module firmware.

But after I download the module firmware, the OPEN AT OS Version in the module is not changed. The original problem is above in this topic.

Why?

:blush: :laughing:

The Original problem in the topic - ie, the problem stated in the very first post by swarzynski - was that the SMTP Internet Protocol Feature was not activated.

The solution to that problem has been clearly given several times.

Once the feature has been activated in the module, it remains activated regardless of firmware updates.

You now have a different problem, so you should start a new thread specifically about your problem - don’t continue to hijack this thread.
You should begin by clearly and completely defining what you started with, what you want to update it to, and why;
Describe exactly what you have done, what you expected to happen, what actually happened, and what steps you have already taken to account for the difference!