Power Cycling the modem

I am affraid I understand your problem but I am affraid that you did not understand that I understood.

If you really want us to understand what you want us to understand, then the best thing you can do is to post here the “at commands” in question. What commands are you issuing to attach to the GPRS network that are working only once? Explain when are they working and when not. And if not, what are you finally doing to make them work again?

Lix

I suspect that you understand a different problem from the one one the OP is having!

You are talking about a network problem that prevents a unit from re-attaching after a power failure;

The OP is talking about losing connection while powered-up, and then performing a deliberate power-cycle to “fix” it.
(ie, the old “it’s stopped working, so turn it off and then turn it back on again” ploy)

Performing the power-cycle could, of course, be compounding the problem due to the issues of not cleanly de-registering from the network…

Exactly. I don’t see the difference if the connection hangs by itself or not before having the power removed, the result could be the same (network GPRS reject). But what I don’t understand is what is so different between connecting the very first time and after a power failure. If he would give as the command sequence (or code) he uses we might better understand what’s going on.

Anyway, as someone else before me noted, forced power down/power up is not the proper method to re-connect after a failed connection: rather clean-up the connection, possibly do a re-attach (AT+CFUN=1) and then retry the GPRS connection.

Lix