Memory map

Please can you explain the differences between these two symbols definitions, in order to investigate on why the size info is not provided? By the way, are you using the default ARM ELF GCC toolchain, or another (ARM provided compilers) one?

Unable to reproduce this behaviour. Is it specific to this project? If you make the try with a new hello world project, is the *.symbols file content correct?

adl_InitType_e cpLastReset;                   //It's an enum
static struct{
	msg_info_t cpMessages[BUS_QUEUE_LENGTH];
}cpBus_queue;		                         //It's a complex structure
typedef struct{
	bus_msg_t cpMsg;		
	u16 u16SMS_pos;		
	u16 u16Attempts;		
	bool boInuse;			
}msg_info_t;                                        //Elements used in cpBus_queue

I’m using gcc toolchain. Maybe the reason is the structure nesting. Is it possible? :bulb:

The same behaviour with “Hello world”… :frowning:

I guess it’s the reason, yes. The file is directly produces by the arm-elf-nm tool. Maybe you should search about it to get more information it this is a blocking issue for you…

I will need your help to investigate on this.
Please download the attached zip file: it contains 2 .class files. In your M2M Studio installation, replace the existing ones (make a safe copy before) in the plugins\com.wavecom.openat.ide.ebs.build.core_1.1.0.200908120848\com\wavecom\openat\ide\ebs\build\core\builders folder by these 2 new files.
Restart M2M Studio: new logs shall appear in the Error log view, displaying the invocation of external tools and the resulting console output.

Please follow the procedure:

• Clean the error log
  • Delete the output directory of the Hello World project
  • Build the project
  • Get the information displayed in the log, and post it on the forum (the easiest way should be to attach the .log file of your workspace’s .metadata folder)

Thanks.

I have followed the steps. I attach two files, exported error log and the error log in .metadata folder. Are different!!! :astonished:

Ok I get it, there is an issue with *.symbols files generation when using an Open AT OS version < V6.
Logged for fix in next release.
Thank you very much for your support.

Thanks to you, I not supporting you, I’m asking for support. You are the one giving the solutions, not me.
So, thanks for the time you have dedicated to these issues.