Linux 4.14 support on WP7607

Hi,

I have a question concerning Linux 4.14 on WP76XX modules :
On Legato’s website, we can find the Linux 4.14 migration guide but the information about Linux 4.14 handling is hard to find.
From LTS Releases and Support Policy, the ETA for the release of Legato 21.05.X, which is supposed to handle Linux 4.14, is still marked as “Estimated” to “Nov. 2021”.

The only sources found on Sierra Wireless’ website concerns Release 16 of the Firmware, which is still based on Kernel 3.18.140 ( WP76xx Approved Firmware Packages Summary, WP76xx Firmware Release 16 Components).

I’ve found a post from April 2022 named Release 17 where to find where @jyijyi answered that it was “not yet ready on leaf”.
Is it accessible elsewhere if it’s not yet on leaf ? What is the current state of the release ? Does Sierra Wireless plan to release it in the future ?

Best regards,
Sami Brugier

1 Like

currently i don’t see it in LEAF.

R17 will be released in the future.

1 Like

First of all, thank you for the quick answer !
But is it possible to have an ETA for R17 ?

Best regards,
Sami Brugier

ETA should be around middle of October

1 Like

Thank you again for the quick reply.

Best regards,
Sami Brugier

Hi,

Any update on R17 ?
Is the ETA still around middle of October ?

Best regards,
Sami Brugier

there will be some delay as additional fixes are needed for R17

1 Like

Thank’s for the quick answer, as always.
I am sorry to bother you, but as information about R17 are hard to find but important for us, is it possible to have an idea about when the ETA is postponed ?

Best regards,
Sami Brugier

Please note that it has been delayed to late November.

1 Like

Thank you for the answer.

Best regards,
Sami Brugier

Hi,

Any update on R17 ?

Best regards,
Sami Brugier

1 Like

It has been delayed to middle of January

I am also very interested in when the new kernel will come available. Could you give us an update?

Also, i see there is a big reduction in activity on the legato github page. Is it wise to start a new project with the WP7607 module or has sierra wireless different plans for the future?

1 Like

It has been delayed to end of march

The updatet would also be very important for us.
How sure is the end of march?

1 Like

not sure, you better get in touch with distributor