How to firmware update on RC7630 that is embedded into my device

Hi i need your help.

My system information is below.
/ uname -r
/ uname -m
mips

I am trying to upgrade FW on RC7630, that is embedded into my device. I used the MBPL_R27 tool.

If you run “./fwdwl-litemipseb -m 4 -d /dev/ttyUSB0 -p /dev/cdc-wdm0 -t 1 -f /tmp/apk/RC7630,.spk -l log.txt” in the system, the following message occurs and nothing happens anymore.
"./fwdwl-litemipseb: line 1: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting “)” "

What should I do next?
Advice please.

you need to recompile the application with the toolchain for your platform.

HI jyijyi
Thank you for your answer.

To recompile the applecation, i need the SDK SRC used in MBPL_R27, how can I get it?
It is not included in the MBPL_R27 driver package.

Thank you.

you should be able to re-compile the application, right?

Yes, I can compile the application, where can I find the application?

\MBPL_SDK_R25_ENG3-lite.bin\SampleApps\lite-fw-download

Could you give me the path that i get “/MBPL_SDK_R25_ENG3-lite.bin”
Only the latest version can be found in source site.(MBPL_R28)

you can also use MBPL R28.

I am trying to compile an application with MBPL_R28 version. pkgs compiles normally (make CPU=mipsel). Compiling SampleApps/lite-fw-download produces the following message. What should I do?

bin/ exists - good.
mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl-gcc: warning: environment variable ‘STAGING_DIR’ not defined
mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl-gcc: warning: environment variable ‘STAGING_DIR’ not defined
/home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/…/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/…/…/…/…/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: obj/mipsel/lite_fw_dld.o: in function parseSwitches': /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:447: undefined reference to litefw_logsenable’
/home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/…/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/…/…/…/…/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:447: undefined reference to litefw_logsenable' /home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: obj/mipsel/lite_fw_dld.o: in function find_usb_dev_on_loc’:
/home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:488: undefined reference to find_adapter_path' /home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:488: undefined reference to find_adapter_path’
/home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/…/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/…/…/…/…/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:495: undefined reference to locate_qdl_path' /home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:495: undefined reference to locate_qdl_path’
/home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/…/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/…/…/…/…/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: obj/mipsel/lite_fw_dld.o: in function InitParams': /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:739: undefined reference to litefw_cfg_dev_mode’
/home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/…/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/…/…/…/…/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:739: undefined reference to litefw_cfg_dev_mode' /home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:746: undefined reference to check_dev_family’
/home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/…/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/…/…/…/…/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:746: undefined reference to check_dev_family' /home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: obj/mipsel/lite_fw_dld.o: in function start_logging’:
/home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:806: undefined reference to litefw_set_log_func' /home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:806: undefined reference to litefw_set_log_func’
/home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/…/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/…/…/…/…/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:807: undefined reference to helper_set_log_func' /home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:807: undefined reference to helper_set_log_func’
/home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/…/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/…/…/…/…/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:808: undefined reference to set_litembim_logger_func' /home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:808: undefined reference to set_litembim_logger_func’
/home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/…/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/…/…/…/…/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:809: undefined reference to set_liteqmux_logger_func' /home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:809: undefined reference to set_liteqmux_logger_func’
/home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/…/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/…/…/…/…/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: obj/mipsel/lite_fw_dld.o: in function display_images_info': /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:953: undefined reference to get_image_list’
/home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/…/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/…/…/…/…/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:953: undefined reference to get_image_list' /home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:981: undefined reference to litefw_ExtractImageParamsByFile’
/home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/…/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/…/…/…/…/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:981: undefined reference to litefw_ExtractImageParamsByFile' /home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: obj/mipsel/lite_fw_dld.o: in function main’:
/home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:1060: undefined reference to litefw_SetReadBlockSize' /home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:1060: undefined reference to litefw_SetReadBlockSize’
/home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/…/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/…/…/…/…/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:1068: undefined reference to litefw_download' /home/edward/toolchain/mips/bin/../lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/7.5.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: /home/edward/work/aitelecom/mbpl/SampleApps/lite-fw-download/src/lite_fw_dld.c:1068: undefined reference to litefw_download’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
makefile:38: recipe for target ‘bin/fwdwl-litemipsel’ failed
make: *** [bin/fwdwl-litemipsel] Error 1

you can use a Ubuntu PC to compile the SDK and “SampleApps/lite-fw-download” for x86 first to make sure your environment and the code is good:

cd pkgs
sudo make CPU=hostx86_64 complete

jyijyi Thank you for your information

Compilation was completed and download was attempted with the following command.
./fwdwl-litemipsel -t 1 -f RC76xx_Release.spk -l log.txt

The download didn’t complete and I checked the following logs:
/tmp/tmp vi log.txt
[9649][1]System date/time: 22/09/2022 17:58:59
[9649][1]1.0.2206.0
[9649][1]Kernel: Linux xxxxx 4.14.275 #0 Sat Apr 16 13:13:32 2022 mips GNU/Linux

[9649][1]Unable to log qcserial version info. Drivers from MBPL R17 or newer are required.
[9649][1]Unable to log usb_wwan version info. Drivers from MBPL R17 or newer are required.
[9649][1]Unable to log cdc_mbim version info. Drivers from MBPL R17 or newer are required.
[9649][1]Unable to log qmi_wwan version info. Drivers from MBPL R17 or newer are required.
[9649][1]Unable to log mhictrl version info. Drivers from MBPL R17 or newer are required.
[9649][1]Unable to log mhinet version info. Drivers from MBPL R17 or newer are required.
[9649][1]Unable to log mhitty version info. Drivers from MBPL R17 or newer are required.
[9649][1]./fwdwl-litemipsel
[9649][1]-t
[9649][1]1
[9649][1]-f
[9649][1]RC76xx_Release.spk.spk
[9649][1]-l
[9649][1]log.txt
Did I give the command option wrong?

I applyed MBPL_R28 Version

Why suddenly you can cross-compile the SDK?
BTW, did you install latest MBPL USB driver?
https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/software/mbpl/mbpl-software-latest/#sthash.VlyKgKWC.dpbs

you can also see here on how to use fwdwl application: