EM7565: Aggregating B1+B3 does not work as expected

I agree. You can’t tell us you fixed the issue and not release a fixed firmware for the next 8 months. This is also security-wise a very bad decision. I mean, seriously, come on, you can’t be serious on this.

We are dealing with this problem since December, 17 and have been ignored for a very long time and now we should wait for another 8 months?

I would have to replace a lot of hardware just because you do not want to release an update.

Please think about it, and also do not forget, 1+3+8 is officially supported and affected as well.

The latest “Product technical specification” PDF also lists B1+B3 as officially supported. You really want to delay this update for another 8 months?

You updated the CA table in Oct. 2018 where you already knew B1+B3 doesn’t work properly…

Are you serious, Sierra?

1 Like

Just update the firmware now, there is no reason to delay this further. People are paying customers for almost 2 years now, without a proper working device.

If it’s an easy fix, then a fast firmware release would be no problem I guess. If it’s harder to fix - so be it - but at least tell us.

1 Like

Nope, they are ignoring us again. Great customer service. I thought they are finally taking our problems serious, but apparently not… Sad … That’s almost ZTE level customer service.

Time for another entry on my “Do Not Buy” list. I am done with this.

1 Like

After reading this, I spit out my drink. Are you kidding me? I’m in the US and bought this modem SPECIFICALLY to be able to leverage 2+66 and yet I run into this issue constantly. What in the world would drive you to tell us that you found the fix and then tell us you’re going to sit on it for 8 months? This has to be a joke…

Yes it is a joke …

I was gifted an EM7455 and thought “cool, it supports simultaneous use of GPS, Glonass, Galileo and Beidou” and would have been perfect for my project. But of course, GNNS is totally broken as well. Positioning tracking works fine to a certain degree but the output of used satellites on the NMEA interfaces is FREAKING broken. Documented AT commands aren’t implemented or printing wrong data.

Now as a last ressort there would be the SDK. But its amazing documentation is full of mistakes and copy and paste errors … Not to mention it requires the unstable GobiNet driver … Unplugging the modem = Kernel panic or “stuck” driver.

Sierra + Quality Assurance = Biggest joke ever.

1 Like

It’s been a month since my last message. I’m going to try following up on this thread monthly in the hope that someone from Sierra Wireless will change their mind about making us wait until June 2019 for this problem to be solved.

Is there any update for this month?

3 Likes

one more month, we have 2019 now. please, try to give us a fully working device

2 Likes

waiting over a year for a proper firmware :-1:

Don’t get your hopes up - nothing is released yet.

For the EM7455 the possibility to place and receive phone calls was announced in a “future firmware upgrade” but that never came. Which is sad.

Optional support for VoLTE and CSFB voice through future FW update

@Oedenburger
do you have an update when to release a new FW?

Pure waste of time to ask that question.

1 Like

I raised the issue internally. That’s all I can say.

1 Like

Awesome. Now I have two dead streams…

PCC RxM RSSI: -52 PCC RxM RSRP: -74
PCC RxD RSSI: 0 PCC RxD RSRP: -44
SCC1 RxM RSSI: -100 SCC1 RxM RSRP: -120
SCC1 RxD RSSI: -58 SCC1 RxD RSRP: -76
Tx Power: -3 TAC: … (…)
RSRQ (dB): -7.5 Cell ID: … (…)
SINR (dB): 0.0

The only reason why I haven’t migrated to another vendor by now is because I don’t really need that amount of bandwidth. The way you are dealing with your customers is still a joke though.

it’s kinda sad - just purchased 58 devices with sierra modems again cause we had no choice.

at home my module is just dust catcher and i’m using a nighthawk…

In a few weeks it’s June. Any news?

2 Likes

Nope. Ignoring still works best.

There is a stupid hack to get all streams working temporarily:

AT!SELRAT=01 # UMTS only
AT!RESET # Mandatory. It won't work otherwise.

And wait until the modem switches to LTE (or make a speedtest) and keep the connection alive. That’s actually another bug but who cares …

June is comming …
… is there any date we can expect the firmware-update?

so… its June… Show me the Firmware!

1 Like

i don’t know why i’m checking the firmware page on a daily basis

1 Like