BX3105 help getting started

i don’t have a iphone…
But other people seems to make it work on iphone:

Even when attempting to pair with the Android tablet, the tablet shows “pairing” but it never completes. The BX shows that it’s paired, but something isn’t right.

I looked over the article you references for IOS, and a subsequent video, with no luck.

I really need this to work. Any suggestions for how to escalate this issue? Or, at least, get a firm answer if it will do what I need. I have a project that I’m trying to develop and have spent the last few months evaluating different dev boards and BT modules. This one looked really promising. I’m praying that we can get it to work!

Thank you for your help!!!
Tommy

Do you see +SRBTPAIR notification?

Yes, from the Android. Again - on IOS - I cant’ discover the BX3015 device. Although I see that on the BX3015 for Android, the BX3105 doesn’t show up as available, and the pairing never appears to complete.

As I dig further into this, I think I’m understanding a bit about what’s happening. I am able to get my Android device to connect. But, it doesn’t do anything. In other words, I can’t stream audio to the BX3105. When I try to enable A2DP, I get an error SRBTC_IND: 19 . When I try to enable the audio codec on the dev board, I get CME ERROR: 919.

However, I’m still unable to “see” the BX3105 from my IOS device. Perhaps because it’s not in a supported profile mode (audio, etc).

at+srbtsystem=0

I (25919238) BTC: eul_btc_task_shut_down BTC task stop

I (25919239) BT: BT system stop finished OK

OK

at+rst

OK

Sierra Wireless Copyright 2018

BX310x.2.7.2

READY

at+srbtsystem=2

I (6626) BTC: eul_btc_task_start_up BTC task start

I (6628) BTC: BTC GAP up signal

D (6628) BTC: eul_btc_work_dispatch event 0x0, param len 0

I (6629) BT: BT Classic only enabled

D (6629) BTC: eul_btc_task_handler, sig 0x1, 0x0

I (6635) BT: BT system start finished OK

D (6636

O) BTC: eul_btc_hdl_stack_evt evt 0

I (6643) BTC: BTC GAP init

D (6646) BTC_GAP: eul_btc_gap_system_init

E (6652) BTC_CONFIG: get tx_pwr nvs, error code = 1102

K

+SRBTC_IND: 0

at+srbtcprofiles=2

I (21334) BTC: BTC A2DP profile up signal

D (21334) BTC: eul_btc_work_dispatch event 0x1, param len 0

D (21334) BTC: eul_btc_task_handler,

sig 0x1, 0x1

D (21336) BTC: eul_btc_hdl_stack_evt evt 1

I (21340) BTC: BTC A2DP profile init

OK

+SRBTC_IND: 9

at+srbtsystem?

+SRBTSYSTEM: 2

OK

at+srbtcprofiles=1

I (78203) BTC: BTC SPP profile up signal

D (78203) BTC: eul_btc_work_dispatch event 0x5, param len 0

D (78203) BTC: eul_btc_task_handler,

sig 0x1, 0x5

D (78205) BTC: eul_btc_hdl_stack_evt evt 5

I (78209) BTC: BTC SPP profile init

D (78212) BTC_SPP: eul_btc_spp_init_esp_system

D (103199) BTC_SPP: event_handler event[0]

D (103202) BTC_SPP: ESP_SPP_INIT_EVT: status[0]

D (103209) BTC_SPP: event_handler event[28]

OK

+SRBTC_IND: 12

at+sra2dpcodec?

+SRA2DPCODEC: 0

OK

at+sra2dpcodec=1

+CME ERROR: 919

how did you make the Android device to connect?
On my side, it can pair, but a few seconds later, it will disappear in my phone:

AT+LOG=1
OK
D (729140) BTC_GAP: event_handler event[4]
I (729141) BTC_GAP: Authentication success

+SRBTPAIR: “a0:28:ed:a6:dc:bd”,1

@tommy,

So I have read through the thread, first question is what do you want to connect/pair with BT or BLE?

If BT then you can use the generic BT menu in a given phone to pair with the BX31 as per the below.

at+srbtsystem=0
OK
at+rst
OK
ets Jun  8 2016 00:22:57
rst:0xc (SW_CPU_RESET),boot:0x13 (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
configsip: 0, SPIWP:0xee
clk_drv:0x00,q_drv:0x00,d_drv:0x00,cs0_drv:0x00,hd_drv:0x00,wp_drv:0x00
mode:DIO, clock div:2
load:0x3fff80d0,len:4
load:0x3fff80d4,len:540
load:0x40078000,len:0
load:0x40078000,len:18348
+WDSI: 0
Sierra Wireless Copyright 2018
BX310x.2.7.2
READY
at+srbtsystem=3
+SRBTC_IND: 0
OK
at+srbtstate=1,2
OK                                          //Here I went into my phone BT menu, saw the unit and paired with it
+SRBTPAIR: "04:c2:3e:04:8a:70",1

If you want to use BLE then you cannot ‘pair’ with it you need to use an application to connect to the device which will be able to connect to its GAP profile. The application to use is the melody smart app which is on the google play store.

Should also be on the apple app store as well. The source code is held on bit bucket.
https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/application_notes_and_code_samples/melodysmart-android/#sthash.OBxs9xa9.dpbs
https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/application_notes_and_code_samples/melodysmartkit-sample-app-ios/#sthash.TU1e1B9x.dpbs

To get it to work, in theory, you need to send/have set the below.

at+srble?
+SRBLE: "BX3105",400,1,0
OK
at+srbleadv=1
OK

Once you have sent this then it will be visible in the smart application although I have just tried to connect to it using 2.7.2 and 2.5.0 and it seems broken, need to work on that.

Regards

Matt

Matt:

Thanks for the help. This is the same command sequence that I’ve been trying to use for several days. I am using BT Classic.

The BX unit does not appear on my iPhone when I look for a BT device to pair with.

As I recall when I was working on this project using a Microchip RN52 module, there are different device classes. I’m wondering if the BX isn’t showing a class that the iPhone supports, so that’s why it’s invisible.

(screen shots attached)

I just installed a BT scanner on my tablet, and it’s showing:

Class: unknown (class=7936)

Major class: uncategorized

Service: uncategorized

I’m just speculating – but since it doesn’t identify as a “audio” device, etc – perhaps that’s the problem. Though, I haven’t seen how to change that?

Tommy

@tommy

I have repeated what you are doing as well, seems to not be visible by Apple for some reason.

Given you are using classic I presume you are looking to do something with audio? If so I would actually suggest using the BC127 as it is very mature (over the years we have had hundreds of designs working with both iPhone and Android), has very strong audio capabilities and while we Officially do not offer Apple support any more there are MFi builds available.

I am still looking at the BX as it should work, need to figure out why it does not.

Regards

Matt

Matt:

Thanks for the help. This is the same command sequence that I’ve been trying to use for several days. I am using BT Classic.

The BX unit does not appear on my iPhone when I look for a BT device to pair with.

From my android device (Amazon Fire Tablet), I do see the BX and I’m able to pair with it. However, I cannot use the BX as an audio destination, though the device icon bar does show a BT connection.
As I recall when I was working on this project using a Microchip RN52 module, there are different device classes. I’m wondering if the BX isn’t showing a class that the iPhone supports, so that’s why it’s invisible.

(screen shots attached)

I just installed a BT scanner on my tablet, and it’s showing:
Class: unknown (class=7936)
Major class: uncategorized
Service: uncategorized

I’m just speculating – but since it doesn’t identify as a “audio” device, etc – perhaps that’s the problem. Though, I haven’t seen how to change that?

Tommy

Matt:

I purchased the BC127 dev board, and don’t see a way to enable legacy mode pairing (pin-based). There’s a command to set a PIN, but I don’t see how to enable that feature. Would you know how to do this?

Tommy

@tommy

So you don’t want to use SPP? I always avoided manual mode because it was so much more involved (and less secure) than SPP.

Regards

Matt

I want to do Legacy Mode Pairing.

I have a school district that wants some BT devices in classrooms. But they’ll be mounted in a location that inaccessible to the teachers, so they can’t interact directly with the BT module in order to pair. E.g. there will be no “Pair” button, etc.

However, they do want the device to be secured by a PIN code, so the students can’t connect to it. I understand the security concerns for legacy mode pairing, but it’s just for music playback and not data.

Or – if you have another way to achieve something similar, then I’m open to suggestions. As you recall, I started with a different module (BX3105) which has Wi-Fi as well. I had thought of using a Wi-Fi web interface for that module, for configuration and to enable Pairing. Though, this is not ideal, as it’s several extra steps to achieve the same results as utilizing PIN pairing – e.g. the teacher would have to log off the school Wi-Fi, connect to the BT device, pair, log off from BT Wi-Fi, etc…

The excerpt you sent refers to older Melody to achieve this – is that a firmware version for the BC127, or an older BT version on the source device?

Thank you for your time… I had a design all up and running with a Microchip module, and then it became deprecated. So, I’m really having to start over and finding it quite challenging!

Tommy

Hi everyone,
I just buy a new bx3105 dev kit I want to get started, but when I connect to Hercules or putty I can’t pass the AT command in Terminal to config my kit did anyone have an idea!!
err

You can use tera term without hardware flow control.

hi @jyijyi,
When I use tera I can’t enter any command event to write on the terminal.

Pleaee enable local echo

Btw, what command are you entering

I just want to start with BLE bx3105 so I want to start with AT command. When I enable local echo I can’t write “+ " in terminal it always show a” , ".

Seems some problem in your terminal

Hi @achref.daabek

Please refer the topic BX3105 Sample code for BLE - #18 by jerdung for more detail. I have replied on it.

Thanks,

1 Like