BC127-HD drops connection and appears to reset

Hi,

I have a BC127-HD discovery board that I have only just started working with.
After plugging in the USB cable I can connect over a serial emulator and see output from the device.

When I try and play audio from any phones though it connects, play for a couple of seconds and then stops. The phone looses connection and the serial connection show the copyright message as if it has just been powered on.

BlueCreation Copyright 2017
Melody Audio V6.1.5 HD
Build: 1496941831
Ready
OPEN_OK 13 HFP ACCF85C95C9E
ROLE_OK ACCF85C95C9E S
OPEN_OK 10 A2DP ACCF85C95C9E
ROLE_OK ACCF85C95C9E S
OPEN_OK 11 AVRCP ACCF85C95C9E
A2DP_STREAM_START 10
AVRCP_PLAY 11
BlueCreation Copyright 2017
Melody Audio V6.1.5 HD
Build: 1496941831
Ready

The phone in this case is a Nexus 6P with Android 8 but the same thing results with a sony Xperia and an iPad Pro.

As you can see from the log I’ve updated to Melody v6.1.5.

My suspicion is that this is a hardware problem but I’m open to any suggestions.

Regards

David

David,

It does sound like a hardware issue, can you try a different PC or at the very least a different USB port to make sure it is getting enough current? Also send the ‘restore’ command to the unit to make sure it has all of the default settings on it.

Regards

Matt

Its the only thing plugged in to a powered USB3 hub that is allegedly able to supply 900mA to 7 ports simultaneously. I’ve even tried plugging in both USB ports at once! Also tried with a USB port on the computer itself.
Tried the restore command.
Same result every time.

Can we sort out a replacement ASAP ?

Thanks

David

David,

You need to go through the commercial channel where you bought it from to do this, it cannot be sorted out on a forum.

Regards

Matt