BC127 remote play/pause

Hello,

I opened a topic in may regarding the issue for remote play/pause (https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/bc127-auto-play-music/9216/1).
I saw that patrick23 has the same issue (https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/music-play-command-on-sink-device/9278/1).
It seems that he didn’t get a solution.
By my side I updated to 6.1.5 but get the same issue.
I made a custom board as a source and have a commercial speaker as a sink.
By it I can pause the stream but not play it.
I guess the command is sent by the AVRCP protocol?
I get this when I paused by the speaker but nothing after play

A2DP_STREAM_START 10
AVRCP_PLAY 11
A2DP_STREAM_SUSPEND 10
AVRCP_PAUSE 11

My profiles

PROFILES=0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Some other people get this issue with recent melody software but not with old melody.
Is there something new to configure for the AVRCP protocol?

Otherwise, is it possible to downgrade and where to find old firmware?

Any suggestion?
thank you

Fred,

You can downgrade to any firmware version through the SPI interface on the unit using blue flash (from the CSR support page https://www.csrsupport.com/ for which you need to create yourself a login). Also to interface to the SPI on the unit you need to use a CSR/QC SPI chip as it is proprietary, you can buy a USB/SPI board from Digikey (https://www.digikey.co.uk/product-detail/en/qualcomm/DK-USB-SPI-10225-1A/DK-USB-SPI-10225-1A-ND/5269739).

The older firmware files are not on the Sierra site.

http://bluecreation.com/firmwareupdates.php

I need to look at the PIO’s and their functionality.

Regards

Matt

Fred,

Quick update, if you do want to go down this route you will need an XUV file format to load it, if you get to this point of needing it let me know what firmware version you need and I am post it. These are not normally put out because most people do not use them.

Regards

Matt

Fred,

A bit of testing done and the PIO’s generically work with Android but are not reliable on Apple (not using an MFi build) it seems the only reliable unsolicited responses to come out of the UART as part of the PIO’s being pressed are the play and pause (as below).

AVRCP_PAUSE 11
AVRCP_PLAY 11

What is your commercial channel (distributor) can you raise it with them or tell me who it is?

I guess you are using it with all versionof Android/iOS?

Regards

Matt

Hi Mlw,

Thank you for your answers,
For the commercial speaker, I meant I bought it from a local store, not from a commercial supplier. It’s a basic bluetooth speaker.
It’s for testing purpose. At the end, I will use 2 BC127 chips for source and sink. But for now I have only built the source part, and i testing it with the generic speaker.
I tested the speaker with an android phone and I can pause and play from the speaker.
When the BC127 chip is paired with the speaker, I can pause from it but not play.
I do not use the PIO from the BC127 chip for now, it will be use by the next sink board.
What I do not understand it’s that the play/pause command is sent by avrcp from the speaker to the BC127 source chip over bluetooth, so PIO are not involved, the only thing that matter it’s the avrcp protocol, which should be very standard. Or maybe the play command is not relayed correctly inside the firmware? And why only play command didn’t work, but not pause, it’s strange.
The melody firmware is ok for me without this issue, it would be a waste of time if I have to make a custom firmware to get ride of this issue, don’t know if I’m able to do it by the way.
You can confirm me that you are able to play/pause with the 6.1.5 firmware?

thank you

ps: I tried both commands pause/stop by uart to see if the speaker can play depending of the command but no change, and I wonder what is the difference between pause an stop?

Ok I get it!

If I force route 10, both command play/pause work remotely.
If I set route 0 it doesn’t work.
There is a glitch with the auto route.
But when the source BC127 get power down then power up (or reset), the force route 10 is gone.
How could I get this parameter in non volatile? (I send write command)
Or is it possible to fix the bug now we know where it is?

thanks

For the commercial route I meant where did you buy your BC127, push the issue back through them.

Obviously route information is dynamic by ts very nature so no you cannot write it into NV.

Regards

Matt

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
I bought the chip at broadband.
You think it’s a hardware issue?
It’s strange, other people got the same issue by updating the firmware and fixed it by downgrading.

Thanks

Hi,

I tried different firmware versions :

• Up to 6.0.54, remote play/pause work correctly.
  • Starting at 6.1 it doesn’t work anymore.

I don’t think it’s a hardware issue.
Something changed between those 2 versions.
Here the change log :

Melody 6.1.0

• AGHFP 1.7 and HFP 1.7 support
  • Max number of connections increased to 3 for AGHFP and A2DP source in PROFILES
  • SSRD command updated
  • Support iAP multiconnection (2 max)
  • IAP_OPEN_SESSION / IAP_CLOSE_SESSION notifications added for the iAP data session
  • iAP warnings fixed

I don’t see anything suspicious.
I don’t say there is a bug, but maybe there is a new parameter to set up to get a normal behavior with those new versions?
I can’t stay with the 6.0.54 version because I need some fix of newer versions.

Thank you for helping

Hi,

To verify, I paired 2 bc127 chips together.
The firmware version is 6.1.5.
I can’t play or pause at all from the sink part and something is strange, I have tws activated from the sink even if I have tws_config off 1 2 :

OPEN_OK 1A TWS 20FABB044832
ROLE_OK 20FABB044832 S
OPEN_OK 11 AVRCP 20FABB044832

STATE CONNECTED[1] CONNECTABLE[ON] DISCOVERABLE[OFF] BLE[IDLE]
LINK 11 CONNECTED AVRCP 20FABB044832 PLAYING
LINK 1A CONNECTED TWS 20FABB044832 STREAMING SBC SNK 48000

I guess it’s the tws that block the play/pause feature?

thanks