BC127 Melody Upgrade Issue

Hi I am trying to upgrade a BC127 Melody version 6.0.46 using the firmware upgrade tool v4.0.1.0, however I am getting an error reported.

I can connect to the device and it reports the version and build and date, but when I try and download a new version of the firmware it tells me it is “rebooting to DFU mode” then displays Error 88 “failcom_connect”.

The unit is not “bricked” and I can repeat this process, unfortunately it just repeats the same steps as above.

I am using Windows 10 on a virtual machine, but I have used a previous version of the upgrade tool to upgrade to another BC127 to an earlier version of Melody on this virtual machine.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks

I am having this same issue with the latest version of firmware. I am attempting to update the firmware from version 6.1.5 to version 6.0.33. I am able to connect to the com port and see the version of melody audio and build number, but when I attempt to download, it shows “rebooting to DFU mode”, then “waiting for finish download”, followed by “Error 88 " failcom_connect”.

I am using Melody firmware update tool v3.0.4.0, and I cannot find the latest version of the upgrade tool anywhere. Can somebody please respond with some info on the location for the updated frimware tool, and any information that might help resolve this? Thanks.

Pete,

For the record I have discussed this in the below posting.

Regards

Matt