BC127 do not respond to UART and connect for firmware update

Hello,

I’m trying Audio routing on Bluetooth device using BC127. Earlier firmware was Melody 5.0 which upgrade to dfu version Melody 6.1.15 successful.

When I have PROFILES=0 0 0 3 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0, module send audio on bluetooth but when I set PROFILES=3 0 0 3 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0(turn on HFP link) and give WRITE command, module do not respond to any command after that.

I have also try to download and recover firmware but it shows no melody found and error 88 on recover. I got stuck now and no mobile device find bc127. Please help me out of this problem.

Hi,

Just tried this and it seems you are right it fries the unit, can you push back on your commercial channel as it seems to have.

I will push it back into the development team as it is pretty critical.

Regards

Matt

Did not understand this part. This was purchased on Mouser I believe.

regards,
Deep

Deep,

Ok, if you bought it through a non official channel then that’s going to be a problem, anyway I have pushed to to the team and it should get fixed given it breaks the unit. If I get a method to recover my dev kit then I will let you know.

Regards

Matt

Hi,

We are looking at implementing a fix in the firmware short term but it seems the only way to recover a unit is to flash it through the SPI interface, otherwise it is dead.

Regards

Matt

Hello,

Only way to update firmware is through UART or USB. How to update through SPI interface?

I am using stand alone BC127 module not dev kit for associate with bluetooth handset. what should be done?

Thank you.

Regards,
Deep

Deep,

Due to the issue with the firmware the only way to update it is through the SPI interface directly to the chip with no firmware interaction (as the firmware is not functioning as you have stumbled upon a very rare bug). If you do not have access to the SPI interface then it is not possible to update it.

If you do have access to the SPI interface you need to use a special CSR SPI chip to update it which you can get from digikey.

Regards

Matt

Matt,
We have this USB to SPI from ADI (analog.com/en/design-center/ … b2ebz.html), if we need to transparently access the chip SPI, will this work ?

Which tool will help me detect and update ?

Thanks,
Deep

Deep,

No you need to use the CSR chip as the SPI bus is CSR proprietary.

https://www.digikey.co.uk/product-detail/en/qualcomm/DK-USB-SPI-10225-1A/DK-USB-SPI-10225-1A-ND/5269739

After this I think you need to use the blue flash software from CSR’s support site.

https://www.csrsupport.com/login.php

Regards

Matt

Hello Matt,

I have purchased CSR chip and download Bluesuit 2.6.8. BC127 SPI pins connected to CSR chip and able to detect into PSTool.

Now I want to update firmware but it require .xpv, .xuv, .xbv files which I do not have. We have only .dfu firmware files. How to update through CSR chip now and where to find .xpv firmware files for bc127?

Thank you.

Regards,
Deep

Hello Matt,

A gentle reminder for the image file which I can use to flash. 

Thanks.

Regards,
Deep

Deep,

Attached is the binary for 6.1.5 which will allow you to recover your unit. Make sure you follow the procedure as per the apps note. You can then take it to whatever you want using te normal DFU files.

Regards

Matt
1496939390_Melody_6_1_5_STANDARD.zip (3.97 MB)

Hello Matt,

Thank you for firmware and support. I have flashed firmware and download dfu files. Module is working now…:slight_smile:

Regards,
Deep