BC127 fail to communicate IAP cp

Hi,

We have our own board with BC127 MFi version. It was working fine with 6.0.50.
Once we have upgrade the firmware to 6.1.5.
After “reset” command, it sends “ERROR 0x1002” every reset.
We also downgraded it back to 6.0.50. this messages still appears.

Any direction that we can check if the CP is still working correctly.

Best,
Brett

Brett,

Did you upgrade it to the MFi version?

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

I am using MFI FW build. Does it matter if I use CSR Bluesuite’s DFUWizard to update the firmware?

Best,
Brett

Brett,

Probably not (although never say never).

So does it respond to error to all commands or just the rest one? How does it respond to the below?

status
version
config
restore

Regards

Matt

Matt,

Only “reset” and “restore” commands would give me ERROR 0x1002.

When try to use iOS APP to connect, it cannot be connected.

Best,
Brett

After hardware review, it could be the I2C I/Os are connected to 3V directly instead of CO_PRO_EN

Since we are not able to change the PCB in current stage, we are thinking of making the CO_PRO_EN always on(3V).

Will this change affecting current FW?

Best,
Brett

Hi Matt,

Currently we have prove that the MFi chip is burned during the flashing operation. Once we replace the Apple CP, it works.

If we try to program the BC127 module again then the Apple CP is burned again.

Any suggestions that we can try to do to locate possible problems?

Brett

Hi Matt,

While we are still tracing the circuit on the PCB, we found that modules we bought and module on EVB is different.

The module we bought from distributer is V2. The module on the EVB is V3.
I am wondering if V3 and V2 has difference that would affect the communication between module and Apple CP?

Best,
Brett

Brett,

Can you try using the 6.1.8 RC MFI version of firmware?

Regards

Matt

Hi,
I have the same issue. I updated my embedded BC127 last night from V6.0.37 MFI to V6.1.5 MFI in the hopes of solving a problem we were having with 6.0.37. Unfortunately, I didn’t find this thread until after I started seeing Error 0x1002 on startup.
My EVB initially acted the same, but some combination of restores and power cycles seems to have magically healed it. My embedded board on the other hand will not start IAP. I am curious to hear if 6.1.8 RC does the same thing as I am working while traveling so cooking more boards would be a bad plan.
Is this in fact related to having SCL and SDA tied to +3?

Regards,
Phil

Hi,

Glad to know someone is also tracking on this. I am wondering if this issue is recoverable.
I have try to go back to 6.0.50, but once it gives ERROR 0x1002, then I cannot recover it.

I will also try to get the 6.1.8 RC MFI to see if this problem solved.

Regards,
Brett

It is fixed by 6.1.8RC3.
Though there’s still a change that the CP is already burned.

Some can be changed and get the iAP back to work.

Brett