Setting BC127 back origional MAC ID/BT Address

Hello: I would like to know how I can reset my BC127 Module to the original MAC ID\BT Address?

I used the BC127 AptX/cVc Demo Updater to activate cVc and aptX and it switched my BT address to: LOCAL_ADDR=20FABB000180

What command do I use to switch my Module back to the printed MAC ID/BT Address that is on the sticker?

Thanks!

Shauno,

I presume that ‘restore’ did not work? :smiley:

Regards

Matt

Shauno,

I presume you downloaded it from

https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/tools/aptx-cvc-demo-license-updater/

I see in the apps not that it states it tells you how to return the unit back to its original state but usefully misses this section out, I will try to get this part, obviously afterwards the CVC/APTx will then be disabled.

Regards

Matt

Shauno,

Had a discussion and there is currently no way to get the device back to its original address, the tool does not allow it and the firmware does not have the functionality.

Regards

Matt

Matt: Just saw your replies… ( can I turn something on to get an email that a response was made to a post ? )

I have 7 BC127 HD modules in production prototype boards that we purchased cVc license for from Qualcomm…

Your telling me my modules and BC127 HD diskit is now stuck in DEMO cVc /aptX Mode and cannot set the modules back to there original MAC? Thus making these license worthless… As well as needing to remove my BT connection each time I want to pair to another Module for testing…

With multiple modules in close proximity being all the same MAC ( due to the DEMO update ) it makes it a pain to have to remove and pair again to the modules…

Please find a way to restore these modules to original MAC… I must test with legit cVc license…

I’ll be happy to supply the DEMO Mac addresses I need to restore if a program needs to be written to get them back… There needs to be a way to restore the MAC to effectively test and troubleshoot modules pre production…

Thanks! Shaun Trites - Vehroot LLC

Oh and FYI, I get all my files from: bluecreation.com/tools.php

Shaun,

There is just no mechanism right now, something needs to be implemented in firmware to enable this which does not exist at the moment. You need to push this back through your commercial channel to get the request into the system.

Regards

Matt

Shaun,

Other points I missed.

• Bluecreation side s still valid although it is not being updated any more (not that the current products/documentation is changing that much).
  • You should be able to get Email notifications, it will be a setting in your profile somewhere, it was on for me by default when I created my account.

Regards

Matt

Hey Matt:

Any update on restoring the original MAC and the BC127 HD modules? I pushed this question out to Future and they passed it on the FAE at sierra.

I’m sitting on 6 production boards we had made that we cannot use our purchased cVc license…

Thanks!

Its out of my domain and with Future/Sierra NAM to push.

Regards

Matt

Good evening!

Does Melody_Aptx_cVc_Enabler.exe change BT address only to a known address (LOCAL_ADDR=20FABB000180 as far as I understand)? Is there any way to set it to a desired address (e.g LOCAL_ADDR=30FABB000180)?

Thanks!

Best regards,
SANEL

I think you can update the MAC address back to the factory setting using the PStool as part of Bluesuit if you have the CSR SPI Programmer. I can see the option as pictured.

My question is, how did you get a APTX codec license key? I can’t seem to find anywhere where it can be purchased or where/whom to contact to attain them.

Hey Jose:

I can purchase from Qualcomm through Future Electronics:

I have only purchased cVc license as it seems all the modules have and aptX license on them…

Samsung phones utilize aptX so you can verify your module or Sparkfun is passing audio via aptX by monitoring in a program like Hercules via STATUS command

Thanks Shauno for the response. I will try Future Electronics just to finish my prototype.

The modules I bought from Sparkfun don’t come with the license, as the literal license key on the device are “OK” and not some form of “01-23-45-67”. I did some testing and there is no change in the latency or quality when transmitting audio.

I was able to get support from Digikey, but they want me to purchase the modules from them. Sierra/Bluecreation and CSR didn’t respond to my emails, but w/e. I’ve learned that this product is not what I am looking for and I am most likely going to take another route.