BC118 issues after baud change

Hello,

I issued a command to the BC118 module to change the baud rate to 57600.
Since then the BLE module is not connecting. Each time I try to reset the module, it returns ERR.
I tried changing baud rate back to 9600, but no change. I also tried to connect via Melody Smart app to reload firmware but the app does not see the module.

I should also mention that this module is wired to my custom board. Its not a development board for evaluation.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Lalit

Lalit,

So if you are able to still send commands to the unit? This is implied but just want to make sure. If you do a scan either on your phone or from the BC118 do you see the other devices?

Can you send the following to the unit toget it back to a known good config and change it from there

rtr
wrt
rst

What was the command you sent to change the baud rate?

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

I tried the restore, write, and reset commands. But BC118 does not return either ERR or OK. I’m not seeing any reply back from the BLE module.
I used the UART=(BAUD) command to change the baud rate.
I issued
set uart=00eb

Thanks,

Lalit

Lalit,

I have just done the following

SET UART=00EB
WRT
RST

After the above I reset the terminal to 57600bps and it was communicating correcting at this baud rate.

I took it back to 9600 and tried setting it to 57600K again but did not send the WRT command before resetting it and it remained @ 9600, are you sure you are saving it and it is still not at 9600?

Regards

Matt

I suppose, I should have done a write and reset after changing the baud rate.
I added both of these commands and it worked. I then changed the baud rate back to 9600 then did a write and reset and it worked again.

Thanks for your help.

Lalit

Hello Matt,

I’ve run across another problem and I’m hoping have seen it before.
In testing I decided to test 2 different units which also have BC118 BLE modules.
The problem I ran across was that 1 of the newer units, only connect and allows me to configure the BLE when baud rate is at 9600. If I try to configure the module at 57600 baud rate then none of the commands (restore, write, reset) work. I always get back an error. But at 9600 it works fine. Have you run across a this problem?

Thanks,

Lalit

Lalit,

What are you trying to change? Can you give me an example log from power up?

Regards

Matt