bc127 usb dongle

Hello,
I’m trying to get the module to work as an usb dongle. I set the audio input source to usb (2) but no bluetooth device is detected by my computer.
What is the good configuration please?
thank you

edit: Should it be detected as a bluetooth device or a soundcard?

Fred,

It is not clear what you are trying to do. Have you designed the BC127 onto a PCB which supports USB which you are trying to connect to a host system which is not detecting it (on the USB)?

Regards

Matt

Hello,
Thank you for your reply,

Yes, I designed a pcb for the BC127 with usb_p and usb_n connected to a usb connector and I connect it to a computer.
When I set usb_host=on, the device is detected and I can set command by the usbdemoapp application. But I want to stream audio from computer by the BC127 dongle, for that I set audio=2 (usb) but my dongle stays as a standard usb device in my peripheral device list under windows. I guess it should be detected as a bluetooth device or maybe sound card? I though it was a standard behavior to be detected as a bluetooth device, even for transfering basic no audio data?
Am i missing something?

thank you for your help

Fred,

Pretty sure that audio over USB is not supported for a few reasons

The configuration option you have referred to in the manual of setting the audio option to 2 which is USB is in red and while this is not stated I suspect this is due t the fact it is not supported even though you might be able to set it in firmware.

http://www.blue-creation.com/MelodyAudio6/docs/melody_configuration/general_configuration.html

Also you would set the route that the audio should take through the ROUTE command as defined in the manual below

http://www.blue-creation.com/MelodyAudio6/docs/melody_commands.html

For the route command the two options for USB, again, are in red where the others are black implying no audio support for USB.

5 – USB to Analogue out
6 – USB to Digital out

Additionally none of the documentation refers to the unit enumerating as an audio device on an OS as we would have to provide specific drivers for this which we do not have.

Regards

Matt

Hello,
Thank you for your answer.
Yes when i saw it in red, i suspected it was not implemented yet, but apparently it will never be implemented?
Just to be sure, even if there is a generic bluetooth driver provided by the os, it is not enough and you have to set one too?
For my case, i have 2 options i guess:
-Using a usb soundcard chip which stream digital audio to the bc127 digital input
-or using an audio analog output to the bc127 analog input?
For the last one, even if i have a single ended output, is it ok for the bc127 differential input?

Thank you, i appreciate your help

Fred,

Its unlikely it is going to be implemented, doing something like this is a big feature and generally requires chipset support which I do not think this has.

With regards your options yes you can use either the PCM or differential analog audio interfaces, obviously if you only use one side of the differential interface you lose 3dB straight away.

Regards

Matt

Matt,

Thank you it’s clear now, I will use the analogic input.
One last thing:
In the datasheet, we can see that single ended mics are connected with 2k2 resistor to LN and RN. Is it only for micbias or is it to adapt for the differential input?
I’m not sure if i have to use a single-ended to differential converter or not?

thank you

Fred,

Not sure, most differential interfaces are fine if you just ground the negative side and operate with the positive one, thats what I would expect.

Regards

Matt

Matt,

Ok thank you, I will try to do this.
Thanks for all your advises!

Have a good day