BC127 and UART

I’d like to test an assembly we build by exercising the various IO via RS232 on a PC.
Everything I’ve read eludes to the ability to communicate to a BC127 via a serial port and the devices’ TX RX lines.
Using putty, set baud to 9600,8,1,none but all I get is garbage.
Any input would be appreciated.

Hi,

So this is using your own application board with a BC127 mounted on it? I presume you have also set no hardware flow control on the terminal? What is the garbage you are seeing come out?

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

It finally dawned on me that I need to convert RS232 to TTL, bought one on e-bay and am now able to communicate with the device.(duh)
My task at hand is to try and exercise the various functions of the device through the UART port.
Particularly, LED_0 -2; PIO_0 - 7, Speaker and Microphone prior to final assembly to screen out manufacturing defects.
I’ve downloaded the Melody v5.8 manual which outlines the commands and another document called Commands Test - Melody 6.docx.
Between these two documents, i’ll try to implement tests but may be back for additional knowledge.

Thanks for your reply.

Joe

Back for more.
Is there any way to manipulate LED_0 - 2, the speaker (output a tone) and microphone (listen for tone) using UART?

Hi,

So for the three requirements

1. You can manually toggle the GPIO lines using the PIO command which is defined at the below link as long as you set PIO control off using the SET command (again defined at the below link).
    http://www.blue-creation.com/MelodyAudio6/docs/pio_functionalities.html
  2. For the LED lines you should be able to see the state change on these at power up as the all come on.
  3. You can play a tone on a specified ROUTE using the TONE command again specified in the link above.

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

I’ve tried the TONE command and although the device accepts the command (using Hercules term) I get no outputs at pins 13 and 14.
Additionally, upon bootup or reset, LED_2 doesn’t seem to do anything. This device is running Melody Audio V5.0 RC11.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe

Joe,

For the tone to work you need to have an open audio channel, I have done this by streaming sme music from my hone and using one the tone examples in the manual.

A2DP_STREAM_START 10
AVRCP_PLAY 11
TONE V 64 N C6 L 4 V 128 N C6 L 4 V 255 N C6 L 4 V 128 N C6 L 4 V 64 N C6 L 4
OK       //At this point I can hear the tones over the music
AVRCP_PAUSE 11
A2DP_STREAM_SUSPEND 10

What is your use case?

LED’s I am not sure at the moment.

Regards

Matt