[SOLVED]Cannot connect to a FX30 anymore

Hello,

I have a FX30 I can flash with the stock SWI9X15Y_07.12.09.00 firmware but I cannot connect to it via ssh (192.168.2.2 usb) anymore.

So as I can flash it I don’t think it could be an electrical problem so is there a way to reset it or anything else? (I tried to reset it with the reset button also).

Alain

Hi Alain,
Strange, even with the stock WP85 firmware, you should be able to ssh still. If you have a Windows machine, could you please connect it via USB and tell me what Ports and Modems you see?

Can you try to download the latest FX30 firmware from the Source and then use swiflash or fdt2 to update the FX30?

BR,
Chris

Hello,

thanks for your answer.

AFAIK, I already use the latest firmware available (SWI9X15Y_07.12.09.00) and as I said, I cannot connect to it, even through USB. At least by SSH; Is there another possibility?

I wouldn’t be surprised to face another problem similar to one already posted here and herewhere some commands (useradd) were not executed after flashing my custom image on a first FX30.
I tried this same image on a second FX30 and saw that it worked perfectly, for some days because few days after I encountered the same problem.
I successfully solved it (maybe temporarly) by executing 'useradd` by and once the image started. Once done I was able to reflash it with my user still here. Well very Strange.

Here I talk about this problem on the first FX30 were I had the problems with useradd and I could experiment a new problem were some coponents (here sshd maybe) could be not started…

The last Legato for WP85/WP75 R15 / Legato Recovery Tooling for Windows (5.1.1604.win32-201704191016) solved this problem

That could be cool if Sierrawireless / Legato teams could make some noise on this forum…

I could have been informed this problem was known and investigated…

Alain

Hi Alain,
Glad you resolved your problem. I’m not familiar with this tool, but I’ll look more into it.

Sorry you had difficulty finding support with your problem.

BR,
Chris