TP1 pin on FX30 for recovery

Hello you all,

I am working with the sierra FX30 module, and during some tests to put new image on the module, I entered in the fastboot for the module be recognized like an android device to flash a new image. However, I erased the original kernel and the rootfs and tried to flash a new one, so now when the module is rebooted it boots as an android device and is not listed in the USB/serial list tty/USBx.

Looking for some solutions on documentation, I see that I could do this using the TP1 pin, but I am not finding if this pin is avaiable on FX30 module.

Has anyone had this problem or a right way to recover FX30?

Thanks

Gustavo

Hi Gustavo,

Yes, you can find the solution posted here:
https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/fx30-bricked-after-at-rmareset-oem-usb-device-not-found/9589/1

BR,
Chris

Hello Chris,

Thank you for reply, I found the test point and I soldered a wire in there and follow the procedure putting it to LOW.

But the USB device /dev/ttyUSBx remains not appearing.

Have any idea in what else I can do?

Thank you so much

Gustavo

Hi Gustavo,
Just to confirm, when you held the test point low, did you hold it upon power up?

If you have a Windows machine, can you try the same? You should see in the Device Manager under Ports a “DM port”

BR,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes, I holt it at power up!

All do the test on Windows!

Thank you!

Hello Chris,

I just did the procedure on a Windows machine, looking at the device manager the FX30 appears as an Android bootloader interface, even putting the TP1 to low. The device manager looks like this:

Is there a way to recover it using fastboot?

Thank you!

Gustavo

Hi Gustavo,
What version of software did you load onto the FX30 that caused this issue to occur? Did you build your own kernel image or did you download it from the Source, FX30 or WP8548 section?

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris,

I build one using yocto from this package: Legato-Dist-Source-mdm9x15-SWI9X15Y_07.11.21.00

Thanks a lot

Gustavo

Hi Gustavo,
Let me look into this. I’ll get back to you asap.
BR,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Yesterday I had tried to use swiflash to recover, and the process hold on “Switching to firmware download mode” as you can see in the image

Have you see something similar? I let it in this step for more than 1 hour.

Thank you!

Hi Gustavo,

Yes, swiflash won’t work. Sorry, I suggested that before I knew the Android Bootloader Interface was coming up. I’m still trying to determine how to resolve this internally.

BR,
Chris

Hello Chris,

The problem was solved, an engineer from Sierra in Brazil sent me a rootfs and kernel file that he generated in his machine. So I used fastboot to write these two files and the FX30 restarted successfully and now is working like before.

Thanks a lot for your support

BR

Gustavo

Hi Gustavo,
Excellent! Glad you got this resolved.
BR,
Chris