USB Ethernet interface Issue

Hi,

I am using MangoH green board. When I flash Legato version 17.08.1 on this board (Available here : source.sierrawireless.com/resou … release-6/) USB Ethernet adapter is not enumerated on Ubuntu but if I flash Legato version > 17.08.1, USB Ethernet adapter is created in Ubuntu machine. I need to use Legato version 17.08.1 only due to some application dependencies. Can somebody provide some clues about this issue?

Thanks,
Yogesh

Hello,
If your USB Ethernet interface or USB device not enumerated properly in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Then please try following steps: askubuntu.com/questions/796771/ … -14-04-lts

Hi Yogesh,

Were you able to work past this issue? In release 6, there was an ECM MAC address issue in the ECM gadget causing the ECM driver to not load for host kernels 4.4.x (e.g. Ubuntu 14.04 / 16.04). I wonder if that’s what you observed, since you mentioned the Ethernet interface specifically. If that’s the issue you were/are seeing, I’m not aware of a workaround aside from upgrading. But if you happen to be rebuilding your kernel, I can provide you the simple patch for this issue. Let me know if that’s a viable solution, if one is still needed.

To check if this is the problem, you would see something like this in your host logs during enumeration:
Oct 18 16:11:58 t430 kernel: [ 1003.223466] cdc_ether: probe of 3-1:1.19 failed with error -22

Thanks,
Ryan

USB Ethernet interface Issue

1. USB controllers are normally called root hubs. Otherwise, then you’re designing an exceptional interface. If you can begin up now, among the devices you disconnected, or a mixture of them, is causing the issue. It’s possible to connect up to two USB devices at a moment. Although accurate temperature sensors are frequently available, it’s been difficult to make the most of them due to errors resulting from the measuring device. I fixed my issues by following the guidelines mentioned on https://howtotechh.com/firestick-ethernet-adapter/.

2. Particularly at work, it is normal to observe all computers connected to a single network. Your computer will automatically finish the driver installation and your device should be prepared to use. Chromebook computers already have the essential drivers install for all Plugable USB-Ethernet adapters and ought to work from the box.

3. For those purposes of choosing the ideal adapter for your circumstances, you will want to pick an adapter that exceeds the utmost speed of your network, while taking into consideration any possible future improvements. Most plug-and-play adapters will include a CD of drivers in the event the computer does not yet have them. Plug and play is recommended, since it will require the least quantity of setup time, and you are not going to will need to track down and install extra drivers.