GSM TX and RX related RF test

Hi,
I would like to perform following cellular test on UUT which uses sierra chip set

Tx test Modulation analysis
Carrier power test
Carrier power versus time test
Spectrum due to modulation measurement
Spectrum due to switching
RX test Static reference sensitivity level

Please let me know how can i perform the same

with regards,
Manjunath Kb

Which unit? Re the actual tests generically speaking the only test mode we provide for the unit is for factory testing where you can put it into a blind transmit mode on a given frequency/channel and a specific power.

Any other more complex tests would have to be run against something like an R&S CMW or which they have specific scripts/test programmes.

Regards

Matt

Airprime WP75xx is the module.

As you mentioned I have provision to put the module in transmit mode?, then how about receive mode?

There are a whole host of commands in the latest command manual

https://source.sierrawireless.com/~/media/support_downloads/airprime/software/4118047_wpx5xx-wp76xx%20at%20command%20reference_r3.ashx

Given that the MC’s and WP products are quite similar you can probably get some pointers for Rx testing in its documentation.

https://source.sierrawireless.com/~/media/support_downloads/airprime/74xx/4116238_airprime_mc7455_product_technical_specification_r9.ashx

Regards

Matt

Hi,

Thanks these documents gave an idea of acceptance test during production.
I kindly request if you could help me understand how to perform BER test on the same module.

Regards,
Manjunath

Manjunath,

What BER test?

Regards

Matt

Hi,
It stands for Bit Error Rate test

Regards
Manjunath

Manjunath,

I get what BER is. What test are you intending on doing with it? You previous comment implied that you were referring to something specific if not then it is down to the test equipment to establish a link and measure it, the unit does not make provision for this sort of test.

Regards

Matt

Thanks for the response.

The main goal for us is to test GSM receiver during manufacturing using NON -SIGNALLING test equipment.(EXM 6640A)

When it comes to transmission we can put the DUT in continuous transmit mode,similarly do we have any support for receiver test.

Regards,
Manjunath

Manjunath,

Doing a BER test with non signalling kit is not possible because to measure BER the unit needs to be…er…signalling.

Regards

Matt