buildroot config

Can anyone let me know how to configure buildroot to utilize our WP85 toolchain?

cf. buildroot.org

Or, specific setting of BitBake may help as well.

Hello,
Yes, it’s possible to configure buildroot with an external toolchain.

Step1:
make menuconfig
Step2:
menu: Toolchain/Toolchain origin (Toolchain to be downloaded and installed)
select: Pre-installed toolchain
Step3:
Set your Toolchain path (see print screen 1): sample: /opt/swi/y17-ext/sysroot/armv7…/usr
Step 4:
make

Best regards,
Sylvain

Hi,

I know that menu and what I wanted to really know was how to provide that usr folder structure.

At least in my environment, I cannot find that /opt/swi/y17-ext/sysroot/armv7…/usr folder.

If I exec

${HOME}/legato/packages/legato.toolchain.1.7.2.fw_SWI9X15Y_07090200-wp85-native-x86_64-201605181313/resources/wp85/extract.sh /tmp/y17-ext

I can have similar structure but perhaps we need to do something more.

I tried both /tmp/y17-ext/sysroot/{x86_64,armv7a}*/usr as its path but failed like below.

nkamei@ubuntu:/tmp/buildroot-2016.05$ make
/usr/bin/make -j1 HOSTCC=“/usr/bin/gcc” HOSTCXX=“/usr/bin/g++” silentoldconfig
BR2_DEFCONFIG=‘’ KCONFIG_AUTOCONFIG=/tmp/buildroot-2016.05/output/build/buildroot-config/auto.conf KCONFIG_AUTOHEADER=/tmp/buildroot-2016.05/output/build/buildroot-config/autoconf.h KCONFIG_TRISTATE=/tmp/buildroot-2016.05/output/build/buildroot-config/tristate.config BR2_CONFIG=/tmp/buildroot-2016.05/.config BR2_EXTERNAL=support/dummy-external HOST_GCC_VERSION=“4 8” SKIP_LEGACY= /tmp/buildroot-2016.05/output/build/buildroot-config/conf --silentoldconfig Config.in

toolchain-external undefined Configuring
Unable to detect the toolchain sysroot, Buildroot cannot use this toolchain.
make[1]: *** [/tmp/buildroot-2016.05/output/build/toolchain-external-undefined/.stamp_configured] Error 1
make: *** [_all] Error 2