Legato 14.10 released

Hi everyone.

We have now released the 14.10 version of Legato. The links on the Dev Zone at developer.sierrawireless.com/landing/legato have all been updated to point to the new downloads, and github has been updated with the new source and documentation.

You will find the documentation online at legato.io/docs

Release notes and upgrade instructions can be found at legato.io/legato-docs/14_10/ … _beta.html

Watch out for the new Developer Studio release which is imminent and will support development of Legato apps on Windows hosts for the first time.

The Legato Team

IMPORTANT: If you pulled our code before 3pm PST on 5th November you will need to do a “git pull” and then a “git pull --tags”. We originally pushed the wrong version but it’s now up to date.

Is there a USB stick image for that :question:

Hi Andy,

probably not, but the developer studio release which is coming will remove the hurdles to getting going. It takes care of installing what you need and keeping things up to date.

Regards,
Andrew

I’ll look forward to that…

:smiley:

Hello everyone,

I’ve installed legato 14.10.0 and wanted to install these packages in Developer Studio. But there always appears the following message:

‘Installing packages’ has encountered a problem.
An internal error occured during: “Installing packages”.
index=0, size=0

If I create and run apps through the terminal, it works, so I think the legato toolchain and framework are installed correctly.
Can someone help me with this “Installing packages” issue?
Here are some more information to this error:

org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList$BasicIndexOutOfBoundsException: index=0, size=0
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.get(BasicEList.java:346)
at com.swi.spm.legato.model.lpkg.util.LegatoPackagesHelper.parseExportedImportedAPIs(LegatoPackagesHelper.java:91)
at com.swi.spm.legato.model.lpkg.LegatoPkgDelegateMethods.handleSamples(LegatoPkgDelegateMethods.java:221)
at com.swi.spm.legato.model.lpkg.LegatoPkgDelegateMethods.handleAPI(LegatoPkgDelegateMethods.java:168)
at com.swi.spm.legato.model.lpkg.LegatoPkgDelegateMethods.handleMetadataGeneration(LegatoPkgDelegateMethods.java:470)
at com.swi.spm.legato.model.lpkg.LegatoPkgDelegateMethods.legatoOSPackageImportEngine_importPackage(LegatoPkgDelegateMethods.java:87)
at com.swi.spm.legato.model.lpkg.impl.LegatoOSPackageImportEngineImpl.importPackage(LegatoOSPackageImportEngineImpl.java:56)
at com.swi.spm.pluginmanager.PluginGenerator.generate(PluginGenerator.java:99)
at com.swi.spm.core.pkg.impl.LocalPathRepositoryImpl.install(LocalPathRepositoryImpl.java:118)
at com.swi.spm.pluginmanager.ui.actions.InstallPluginAction.install(InstallPluginAction.java:140)
at com.swi.spm.pluginmanager.ui.actions.InstallPluginAction.access$0(InstallPluginAction.java:106)
at com.swi.spm.pluginmanager.ui.actions.InstallPluginAction$1.runInWorkspace(InstallPluginAction.java:83)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)

Thank you!
Daniel

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem as Daniel.
Someone who shed light on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Héctor

Hello everyone,

I have another problem since the update:
My voice call program always tries to connect to AirVantage. Before the update it worked well without it, and now it tries to connect and fails, then the program stops automatically.
Can someone tell me why I can’t connect to AirVantage?
In the AT Command Port everything seems fine:

ati
Manufacturer: Sierra Wireless, Incorporated
Model: WP7102
Revision: SWI9X15W_06.03.27.00 r25145 CNSHZ-AR-BUILD 2014/10/23 06:28:13
MEID: 35560305000115
ESN: 12802438458, 8025353A
IMEI: 355603050001157
IMEI SV: 40
FSN: HM342500150703
+GCAP: +CGSM,+FCLASS,+DS

at!gstatus?
!GSTATUS:
Current Time: 837 Temperature: 25
Bootup Time: 6 Mode: ONLINE
System mode: GSM PS state: Attached
GSM band: GSM900
GSM channel: 72
GMM (PS) state:REGISTERED NORMAL SERVICE
MM (CS) state: IDLE NORMAL SERVICE

Serving Cell: 72 (GSM 900 )
RX level (dBm):-78.3125 LAC: 1C4C (7244)
GPRS State: GPRS STANDBY Cell ID: 00002C7F (11391)

at!custom?
!CUSTOM:
ISVOICEN 0x01
PCSCDISABLE 0x03
ADBENABLE 0x01
NOROAM 0x01
GPSENABLE 0x01
GPSSEL 0x01
CFUNPERSISTEN 0x01
NMEAENABLE 0x01
GOBIIMEN 0x01
HSICENABLE 0x01

I looked in the forum for help and found some methods that worked for others, but in my case they didn’t work.

Thank you!
Daniel

Please note that a new Developer Studio release will be available very soon (a matter of hours), in order to be compatible with 14.10
Unfortunately there are some changes that are making DS 3.1 not compatible with 14.10 release.

Hi Daniel,

Can you create a new topic for this issue?
What do you mean by “My voice call program always tries to connect to AirVantage”?
Can you also provide some logs (through logread)?
Finally on target can you check the status of your apps (root@swi-mdm9x15:~# app status).

Thank you and I will support you as soon as I can,
Enoch

fsn

Hiya.

Legato doesn’t run on the MC series modules, so this is the wrong topic for your module.

Also, please don’t hijack an old thread with a question about a completely different topic. It makes it hard for members to make appropriate comments.

And this appears to be a duplicate of [url]https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/mc7710-fsn-factory-serial-number-problem/8122/1]. Multiple posting doesn’t help either…

Ciao, Dave