HL7692 4G registration

Hi,

I am using the HL7692 on EE and cannot get it to register to the 4G network. Following AT&F, I get the following responses:

AT+CREG?
+CREG: 2,1,“01A4”,“883F”,0
OK

AT+CGREG?
+CGREG: 2,1,“01A4”,“883F”,0,“01”
OK

AT+CEREG?
+CEREG: 2,0
OK

AT+CSQ
+CSQ: 14,99
OK

As you can see, AT+CEREG is returning “not registered”.

If I then send AT+COPS=1,0,“EE”,7 to force 4G selection then I get the following responses:

AT+CREG?
+CREG: 2,1,“FFFF”,“00516E00”,7

AT+CGREG?
+CGREG: 2,1,“FFFF”,“00516E00”,7,“01”

AT+CEREG?
+CEREG: 2,1,“2942”,“00516E00”,7

AT+CSQ
+CSQ: 0,3

The signal strength has disappeared (or perhaps CSQ isn’t valid for 4G?). I have tried the same SIM card in a 4G phone and the phone indicates 4G so why not the HL7692? Perhaps my signal strength is lower on the HL7692 than on the phone, or perhaps there is another command that I need to send?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello,
LTE B3 LTE B8 LTE B20 these are the bands supported by HL7692. Can you please confirm that the network you are trying to register to belongs to these LTE bands only.

Thanks & Regards,
Rex

Hi,

I am using EE network and the module is configure to auto-register. It gets a 4G signal OK and exchanges PPP data until I get “IP Address Rejected”. See attached spreadsheet showing a trace of PPP. It works OK with 2G but not 4G.

Regards
Gary
ppp_2g_4g_ip_reject.xlsx (12.2 KB)

Hi,

have you configured a valid APN with AT+CGDCONT command?
I have seen that on some networks this is necessary so the module can register to LTE network.

ALso, you should check AT+COPS=? to scan available networks

best regards
chris

Hi,

I have resolved this issue now. It was basically as simple as a bad signal, even though my 4G worked OK.

Please ignore my previous post in this thread regarding PPP - I got my threads mixed up.

Regards
Gary