Power issue with GX450

We are installing GX450 in fire trucks utilizing the DC power cord straight to the truck battery. Some trucks we have had no problems but a few we have the problem that when they turn the battery switch on for the truck, the power on the GX450 cycles. We have checked the battery for a voltage drop that would explain the power cycling but there is no voltage drop. Any suggestions?

Hello,

You may set the GX450 services log = info and the linux sys = display. You should see in the log the reason the cycle takes place. Example below and the meaning.

Jun 28 18:02:03 notice ALEOS_SERVICES_McuManager: ProcessMcuNotification - IGNITION_CHANGE_TRIGGER received from MCU - val [0]
Jun 28 18:02:03 notice ALEOS_SERVICES_McuManager: ProcessMcuNotification McuManager handled [2000] notifications
Jun 28 18:02:03 notice ALEOS_SERVICES_McuManager: [1989] AdcVin notifications
Jun 28 18:02:03 notice ALEOS_SERVICES_McuManager: [3] AdcTemp notifications
Jun 28 18:02:03 notice ALEOS_SERVICES_McuManager: [7] IgnTrigger notifications
Jun 28 18:02:03 notice ALEOS_SERVICES_McuManager: [1] ReadyOperational notifications

The log show that the ignition line was pulled low which turns off the gateway as it was designed to do.

Jun 28 18:37:29 alert ALEOS_SERVICES_McuManager: ProcessMcuNotification - POWEROFF_REQUEST received from MCU
Jun 28 18:37:29 notice ALEOS_SERVICES_McuManager: ProcessPolling - VIN [1275]
Jun 28 18:37:29 notice ALEOS_SERVICES_McuManager: ProcessPolling - Temperature [35]
Jun 28 18:37:29 notice ALEOS_SERVICES_McuManager: ProcessPolling - Ignition [0]
Jun 28 18:37:29 alert ALEOS_SERVICES_lpmmgr: LpmMgrHandleMsciId() Received request to shutdown power
Jun 28 18:37:29 notice ALEOS_SERVICES_lpmmgr: LpmMgrReadMcuStatus() MCU status 0x610d

Regards,
AH

Hello,

Were you able to find a solution for this?

Thanks!

Hi amedina,

This topic has been for a long time. Do you still face this issue on the latest ALEOS firmware?

Thanks,

Hello-

I have them running on 4.9.5.010

The crazy thing is that out of almost 20 devices i only have two giving me this issue.
Both of these vehicles are the same make/model and year.

Hi @amedina,

You can try with the latest offical FW for your GX450 (you can get FW at this page: https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/software_downloads/gx450/gx450-firmware-list/#sthash.rR2nz8pS.dpbs). Then, you and me will find the reason if you meet this issue again.

Thanks,

Hi @amedina,

You can try my way to find the current reason of your issue:
1, Use 1 of 2 devices having issue to attach to a vehicle not having issue.

2, Observe the result:
a, If this issue still happens, I think this issue is hardware issue. So you should contact to your distributor to change device.
b, If this issue does not happen, I think this issue is from your installation. You can try to wire the device directly to the vehicle battery (or other uninterrupted supply).

Thanks,

Jerdung-

I have upgraded the firmware on all units and i will keep an eye for any changes.

Also, i have swapped the unit into different vehicles and i still get the same actions occurring.