Change WPA Passphrase for a GX450 w/ AirVantage?

Hi All- We were wanting to be able to see and/or change the WPA passphrase on a GX450 via AirVantage. We can do this with an MP70. I looked in the same spot on our 450 (Configuration/WiFi/Access Point) and do not see a WPA/WPA2 option. The 450 we have is currently on the 4.7.0.027 firmware. I didn’t see anything in the release notes for 4.8 indicating the addition of this feature.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for reaching out to us for technical support. I just wanted to confirm where in AirVantage you were looking to change the WPA/WPA2 passphrase? I ask because, in AirVantage (or better known as ALMS), you should be able to change it in:

1. Configure > Templates. Create a brand-new template from scratch (GX450 4.7.0.027).
  2. Wi-Fi > Access Point > WPA/WPA2 Personal

There is a field in there called WPA Passphrase.

Regards,
Nick

Hi- thank you for replying to my post. I did go in as you instructed and create a template with WPA2 passphrase.

If I need to change a passphrase on an existing GX450 would I just apply the template to the unit in question?

Is there a way where I can view an existing WPA2 passphrase on a unit?

Thanks for your communication, we appreciate it!

Tom Melville

Hi melville74,

My apologies for the late reply!

“If I need to change a passphrase on an existing GX450 would I just apply the template to the unit in question?”
Yes, you can do this in the Monitor > Systems tab. Just click the box beside each device you want to change the WPA2 password on and then click the blue Upload Template button:

“Is there a way where I can view an existing WPA2 passphrase on a unit?”
You can also view and change the WPA2 password on a specific device by clicking on the device and drilling down to Configuration > Wi-Fi > Access Point > SSID > WPA/WPA2 Personal:

There is an ‘eye’ which you can click to reveal the current password.

Regards,
Nick