Cannot login to Raven XE

I am responsible for many Raven XE devices and a few Raven RV 50s.

My Raven XEs are all using 4.0.14.003 or 4.0.11.003

After recent browser updates, I can no longer log into the Raven XEs. My preferred browser is Firefox. Yesterday, I upgraded to Firefox 53.0. This is where the trouble started. Attempting to login results in 400 Bad Request.

I investigated this some. After entering my password and clicking Log In, the contents of the address bar change. Encoded in there appear to be some user ID and password information for the session. In Firefox 52 and earlier, this string appears very different than in Firefox 53.

I opened the Web Console feature of Firefox. It clearly displays an error saying:

“The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol.”

My guess is that Firefox changed how it handles this situation breaking my ability to log into the Raven XE. I don’t think I can file a bug report or complain to the Firefox people. I think the solution is for the Raven XE to set the encoding of the page so that it conforms to modern webpage standards.

Any chance this can be fixed in a version 4.0.15?

I mentioned that I have Raven RV50 units as well. I mention them only to say that after the upgrade to Firefox 53 I can still login to those fine. The encoding is set in that page properly.

Thank you.

I’ve got a Raven XE unit.
I can log into the unit using 3 browsers, Firefox, IE, Chrome. However, only IE works. IE shows the user interface, ie Status, WAN/Cellular etc…
but for Firefox and Chrome all i get is Help, Logout, no user menu to make config settings.
IE version 11.0.9600.18618
Firefox version 53.0 32 bit.
Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit).
Raven XE boot version 3.6.3

You can try and install an older version of FF, link: support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/in … of-firefox

Hope that helps.
J.