DDNS Service and LS300

Hello,

Please, can someone help me set up the LS300 to work with a Dynamic DNS service. One that is free?

Ideally, with noip.com, I have set up a DDNS but when I go to my put hostname into browser “hillroad.hopto.org” the page is unresponsive.

Many thanks,

Hi,
Your best bet is to get a static ip from your carrier. I’m not sure if it’s extra cost or expensive.
However, for the noip.com to work, you’ll need to install No-IP’s Dynamic Update Client (DUC) software onto a computer which is connected to the LS300 unit.
This is step 5 from their website:
noip.com/support/knowledgeb … no-ip-com/
per their note: Now that you have added a host or domain into your account, we have to deal with the dynamic IP address problem. Note: If your ISP assigns you a static IP address, you can skip to Step 6.

Then on step 6, configure the port forwarding on the LS300 to the computer it’s connected to. The instructions for port forwarding on the LS300 is on page 102 of the instruction guide.
Here is the link:
source.sierrawireless.com/resou … ide-ls300/

To actually make the noip work is to have the client software installed on the computer. After installing the DUC, be sure to configure it with the email address and password that you use to login to this site. As long as the No-IP software is properly configured and running, your hostname will always point to the dynamic IP address at your location, no matter when it changes.

The current firmware for LS300 is 4.4.4 - so you may want to upgrade the firmware to make sure the it works properly.

Hope that helps,
Jay.

Just found the instructions for Dynamic DNS set up on page 157 of the guide.