GX-440/450 Firmware: support TLS V1.2 or greater

Is it known whether past ALEOS software &/or firmware supports TLS V1.2 or greater for HTTPS? Or does the current available ALEOS software V4.5.1.009 &/or MC7354 Radio Module Firmware 05.05.58.01 support it? Thank you, Mark

I would like to know this as well - having trouble getting TLS handshake to a VPN to work and need to eliminate this as a possible cause (my VPN server currently demands TLS 1.2).

I think the answer is “no”. I get a TLS handshake error on my VPN server which has been configured to require TLS 1.2:

TLS_ERROR: BIO read tls_read_plaintext error: error:140760FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:unknown protocol

This is from an RV50 with the latest firmware (4.8.1.006). See also stackoverflow.com/a/15168180/6903

Is it worth asking for an update to OpenSSL? TLS < 1.2 has known, and serious, security flaws…

I think it reflects rather badly on Sierra Wireless that there never seems to be anyone from the support department answering these kinds of questions. Makes me feel a little suckered considering similar products are available from other (Chinese) manufacturers at 1/3 the price. I thought that when I was buying a premium product from a reputable manufacturer there would be some level of support, but it looks like we’re on our own. As it stands, I cannot, and will not, recommend Sierra Wireless products. :frowning:

At the very least, one could expect Sierra Wireless to provide sufficient documentation for the firmware in their own products, and the protocols and (in this case) cipher methods that they support. What’s the point of including an “OpenVPN” client when setting it up becomes a complete guessing game? I have now spent three whole days trying to get this to work, which makes the cost of the RV50 I bought seem like the least of my problems. Seriously, this has got to be the worst product (non)support I have ever seen in 25 years of dealing with network hardware. What an absolute joke of a company.