TELNET not responding in WP7104

Dear alll,

I am using airprime WP7104 module .
I am trying to connect to the airvantage cloud .
I have registered the module IMEI number in the site.
I am trying to follow the steps given in http://www.legato.io/legato-docs/15_01_1/connecting_air_vantage.html#overviewAVIConnec
I am right now struck at the telnet part … where i give the command as

telenet localhost 2000

its not connecting and giving error as “cannot connect to remote host”

Kindly help me out

Regards
Shruthi

Do you run

telnet localhost 2000

on your dev computer or the WP7104?

You must run it locally on the WP7104.

Dear Krima,

Thanks for replying

I am running the telnet locally in WP7104 only .
kindly find the error below

root@swi-mdm9x15:~# telnet localhost 2000
telnet: can't connect to remote host (127.0.0.1): Connection refused
root@swi-mdm9x15:~#

Regards
Shruthi

is the airvantage application running. You can check it by running the command:

app status

locally on the WP7104

Hello krima …
thanks for a speedy reply :slight_smile:

kindly go through my terminal output

root@swi-mdm9x15:/# ls
bin         data        etc         lib         media       opt         run         sys         usr
boot        dev         home        lost+found  mnt         proc        sbin        tmp         var
root@swi-mdm9x15:/# app start airvantage
Starting app 'airvantage'...
Application 'airvantage' is already running.
root@swi-mdm9x15:/# telnet localhost 2000
telnet: can't connect to remote host (127.0.0.1): Connection refused
root@swi-mdm9x15:/# app status 
[running] airvantage
[running] audioService
[running] avcService
[running] cellNetService
[running] dataConnectionService
[stopped] modemService
[running] monService
[running] positioningService
[running] powerMgr
[running] secStore
[running] voiceCallService
[running] helloWorld

Its saying tat airvantage is running .
Still the connection is getting refused .

Do we have to insert a sim and wrk for this ???

Regards
Shruthi

Hi Shruthi,

Can you make sure you are running the latest firmware (06.03.39.00) and legato (15.01.0.Beta)? I suspect that the version mismatch is causing you to see the “Connection refused” error above.

And no, you will not need a SIM to “telnet localhost 2000”, but you will need a SIM with a working data connection to connect to the cloud.

Thank you,
Enoch

Hello Enoch,
Thanks for replying …

I tried the do the firmwarew update as my currect firmware is 06.03.32.00 .
i followed the fwupdate as mentioned in legato site .

i gave the

fwupdate <target IP>

I am not able to continue as i am not getting any response.

Regards
Shruthi

Hi Enoch,
Thanks for suggestion, i have updated the firmware as advised by you and now am able to telnet.
I have changed the URL also. But still i m unable to connect. When i am requesting a connection by giving command:

“:agent.srvcon.connect()”

It shows output as:

“timeout expired, unable to request connection”.

Can you please tell me where i am going wrong.

Thanks

We also checked the data connection profile but data connect doesn’t happen .This is with a sim that has data connection.

root@swi-mdm9x15:/# cm data
Index:      1                                                                   
APN:        airtelgprs.com                                                      
PDP Type:   IPV4                                                                
Connected:  no
root@swi-mdm9x15:/# cm data connect

This fails

This can happen for multiple reasons such as incorrect data connection profile (wrong apn), not registered on network etc…

Can you provide the logs of ‘cm data connect’ failing? (logread)

Also can you check if your SIM is in the correct state and if you are connected to the network?

root@swi-mdm9x15:~# cm sim
SIM card is inserted and unlocked (LE_SIM_READY).

e.g. 
root@swi-mdm9x15:~# cm radio
Current Network Operator: CAN Rogers Wireless Inc.
RAT:        GSM network (LE_MRC_RAT_GSM)
Signal:     Very strong signal strength (5)

Hi Enoch,

Thanks for replying. Below is the code i got after following your advice.

root@swi-mdm9x15:~# cm sim                                                      
SIM card is inserted and unlocked (LE_SIM_READY).                               

Current Network Operator: IND airtel                                            
RAT:        UMTS network (LE_MRC_RAT_UMTS)                                      
Status:     Registered, home network (LE_MRC_REG_HOME)                          
Signal:     Weak signal strength (2)                                            

Entering character mode                                                         
Escape character is '^]'.                                                       

Lua interactive shell                                                           
> :agent.srvcon.connect()                                                       
[  124.424782] NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 08                                   
[  129.124797] NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 08                                   
= nil
= "timeout"
= nil
= "timeout"
>                                                                               

Connection closed by foreign host                                               
Current Network Operator: IND airtel                                            
RAT:        UMTS network (LE_MRC_RAT_UMTS)                                      
Status:     Registered, home network (LE_MRC_REG_HOME)                          
Signal:     Good signal strength (3)                                            

Entering character mode                                                         

Lua interactive shell                                                           

Entering character mode                                                         

Lua interactive shell                                                           
[  389.141217] NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 08                                   
= nil
= "timeout"
> [  456.065496] NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 08                                 
[  571.576041] NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 08                                   

Can you try just starting a data connection using ‘cm data connect’? If it does not work, can you send me the logs?

Also do you have an antenna attached to your module?

Thanks,
Enoch

hello enoch

Find the log belw for cm data connect

root@swi-mdm9x15:~# cm data connect
Connected through interface ''
Disconnected

I have not connected any antenna

The logs I’m looking for are located in ‘logread’. After you run ‘cm data connect’, stop it and run ‘logread’. You will see an output of all the legato logs. Can you copy that content into a file and place it here?

Also, can you try attaching to your module?

THank you,
Enoch

hello ,
PFA

i tried with both i.e with and without antenna but the behaviour is same. I am attaching here the log read for both the cases.

Hi Shruthi,

It looks like the attachment system is broken, I will send you a PM with my contact information to send these logs to.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience,
Enoch