AirVantage 4 Beta Deployment Problem

Hi,

I registered for beta trial and I am able to upload my ALEOS AirVantage Application Package by using the “release” button, then I am able to publish it, but when I try to deploy it completes with the error “operation.install.missing.install.action.in.system”. Im using a GX400 on build 4.2.5.005 and I have ALEOS application framework enabled using AceManager. Is there a setting or step in deployment that I am missing?

Thanks,
Cyrus

Hi Cyrus,

Your issue sounds like your system doesn’t provide a way to install your application.

Basically, when you try to install an application on your system, the AirVantage platform checks that your system provides a way to install your application. This is done by looking at the applications already associated with your system (typically the one used when you created your system), and then by checking that the application you try to install can be managed by the application already on your system.

So, first of all, could you please tell me how you created your system? Did you do it by following the system creation wizzard available in the “Deploy” activity? If yes, which application did you choose in this wizzard?

Thanks,
Bernard

Bernard,

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I worked at it a little more and I believe I got it to work. I created my system in the deploy tab under inventory. I hit create, followed the wizard and entered my SN under create gateway. What I didn’t do previously is select ALEOS GX400 for the application in the wizard. But once I recreated the system and selected this the install completed successfully.

But I cant find a way to remove the old system? For now I just edited its info to clear it out, and changed the name to none. Is there a way to delete systems? I think I’m just missing something.

Thanks again,
Cyrus

Hi Cyrus,

Yes, selecting the application in the wizard was the missing step. I’m glad to see that things are working now :slight_smile:
Unfortunately, there is no way for now to delete the old system.

Cheers,
Bernard